Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
Chief of Party - OVC Programme
Ref Id: sfh-70262
Location: North East, North West
- The COP will be the principal point of contact with the donor, and will provide overall leadership, management and general technical direction for the programme
- The COP must be highly analytical and a strategic thinker who ensures an integrated vision among different components and actors, and focuses on achieving programme deliverables.
- This position will be based in one of the states in North East or North West Nigeria.
- A minimum of a Master's degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Management, Social Work, or Business Administration with a focus on public health, social sciences, or a related field. A first degree in Medicine is preferred;
- A minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience with progressively increasing responsibility designing, implementing, managing and leading large development programmes involving multiple partners, stakeholders, and geographic target areas in a developing country. Experience must include five (5) years prior experience as a Chief of Party or a similar leadership role of similar size and complexity; also, a minimum of three (3) years’ experience providing specific technical direction and oversight of the development and management of OVC programmes;
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in senior programme management implementing international development activities in Africa, with preference given to OVC and HIV/AIDS/ Health
- Demonstrated ability of previous experience leading a technical activity through evidence and data-driven decision making;
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders;
- Experience in coordinating and collaborating with a broad set of stakeholders, including multi-lateral and international donors and local and international NGOs.
Skills and Competencies:
- The successful candidate must be a person of integrity with excellent oral and written communication skills, highly analytical, with expert interpersonal, organizational, and cross-cultural skills.
- The person should have deep knowledge of USAID operational rules, demonstrated ability manage consortium team performance, a high level of creativity and innovation, ability to drive team performance to meet targets and able to maintain efficiency in a fast-paced work environment.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Interested applicants should submit an abstract (50-80 words)
- A 4 page (maximum) research proposal with details on health area of interest. (The proposal should describe the research question, concept, methodology of analysis, timelines and how this research contributes to the mission of SFH and addressing key health issues in Nigeria. The language should be understandable to non-specialist readers)
- Resume or Curriculum vitae
- A bibliography of previous research.
- In addition, applicants must submit a reference letter signed by an academic referee.
- Follow the instructions during application and a confirmation mail will be sent to you upon completion of your application. Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and email addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievement
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply