Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
Ref Id: sfh-26471
Location: North Central, Nigeria
Duration of contract: 3-6 months
- We are seeking highly motivated post-doctoral fellows based in Nigeria to assist in developing documents on lessons learned and health area-specific research papers/articles.
- These positions will be responsible for the production of key research papers aimed at addressing health challenges in Nigeria in key health areas including a) policy reform for family planning programming, b) youth and young adult research; c) MNCH interventions.
- A minimum of five (5) years of hands-on experience in research, including the development of peer reviewed articles and research reports
- A Ph.D. in a relevant field
- Must be/have been affiliated to an institution of higher education or research within the last three years.
Skills and competencies:
- The successful candidates will be persons of integrity with excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, organisational, and cross-cultural skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-managing, a high performer, the capacity to perform and prioritise a variety of tasks on short notice within designated deadlines and to maintain efficiency in a fast-paced work environment. Information confidentiality is also a critical skill for this role.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Interested applicants should submit an abstract (50-80 words)
- A 4 page (maximum) research proposal with details on health area of interest. (The proposal should describe the research question, concept, methodology of analysis, timelines and how this research contributes to the mission of SFH and addressing key health issues in Nigeria. The language should be understandable to non-specialist readers)
- Resume or Curriculum vitae
- A bibliography of previous research.
- In addition, applicants must submit a reference letter signed by an academic referee.
- Follow the instructions during application and a confirmation mail will be sent to you upon completion of your application. Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and email addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievement
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply