Internal Auditor at Stern & Kay Consulting Limited
Posted on: 18 July, 2019
Deadline: 26 July, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Stern & Kay Consulting Limited
Stern & Kay Consulting Limited was registered in August 2003. We are in the business of providing Consultancy Services, Recruitment, Training & Development, Change Management Processes, Outsourcing Management, Call Centre Consultancy, and Advisory Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Determining internal audit scope and developing annual plans.
- Coordinate with External Auditors, ensuring efficient implementation of the overall statutory financial audit plans.
- Obtaining, analysing and evaluating accounting documentation, reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Oversee and review the drafting of internal audit reports and other audit deliverables, and direct the work conducted by external auditors.
- Conduct periodic financial, compliance, operational and special audits and carry out investigations into reported irregularities, as required.
- Review analyses of non-conformities, discuss audit findings across the organisation and suggest recommendations.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings.
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee.
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and changing regulatory guidelines to enable the development and implementation of appropriate control measures and monitoring mechanism as well as their continuous update / revision.
- Proven working experience as Internal Auditor or Senior Auditor.
- Minimum of B.Sc or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance or any related field.
- Professional accounting certification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CISA or other relevant higher business degree as an added advantage.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Sound independent judgement.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Proficiency in spoken and written English Language.
- Friendly, warm and compassionate personality.
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of internal audit methodologies, corporate governance procedures and accounting standards.
- Good knowledge and hands on practical experience and use of accounting packages and systems.
- Good leadership and people management skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as subject of the email.
- Recent Jobs from Stern & Kay Consulting Limited
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Accountant at Stern & Kay Consulting Limited
- Know More About Stern & Kay Consulting LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Finance & Administration Manager - Ikorodu Business Unit at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
- Billing Officer at Sellafield Energy
- Accountant at Willco
- Accountant at Nicole Sinclair Consulting
- Associate Development Coordination Officer, Partnerships and Development Finance at UNODC - The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- Deputy Finance Manager at The Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED)
- Finance Officer at Oxfam
- Grants Assistant at Creative Associates International