Junior Legal Counsel at OneFi
Posted on: 12 July, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at OneFi
OneFi started in 2012 as a brick and mortar consumer lender focused on the Nigerian market. Having raised a Series A round in 2015, we pivoted in 2016 to become a digital lender via the Paylater App (www.paylater.ng) and we are focused on provided access to financial services to the “Next Billion’ starting in Africa.
Currently, we are the largest fully automated smartphone lender in West Africa with over 1,000,000 apps downloaded and disbursing just under 2,000 loans per day in Nigeria and Ghana. Our 2018 goal is to be a digital bank in 3 countries and have secured a banking license in Nigeria already.
Junior Legal Counsel
- Job TypeFull Time
2 years max
- Job Field
- We are looking for a passionate, career driven Junior Legal Counsel to join our team. This is a great opportunity to gain significant and substantial experience.
Purpose of the role
- To assist the Legal Counsel in ensuring that effective legal support is provided to the commercial teams.
- To propose and implement improvements to current legal processes and to assist the Legal Counsel where needed.
Duties will involve:
- Supporting operational and administrative teams with legal advice on commercial contracts including drafting, reviewing and negotiating Non-Disclosure Agreements, Service Level Agreements, and Memorandums of Understanding etc.
- Adapting company contract templates to the requirement of the transaction;
- Provision of legal support in a range of other legal matters including company secretarial, data protection and IT;
- To carry out other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested (including additional working hours as and when required).
- 0 - 2 years post call;
- Must have experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts, preferably from a reputable commercial law firm or a corporate organization; such experience can include internships.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to deliver in a timely manner;
- Excellent communication skills; and
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from OneFi
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Head of Finance at OneFi