Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Consultant II: Update NHMIS/CHMIS Training Modules, Materials, SOPs and Guidelines
Job ID: 13-10735
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A607 - Nigeria Global Fund RSSH
Reports To: Director HMIS
Slot: 3 Openings
- The overarching aim of the GF Resilient & Sustainable Systems for Health [RSSH] project is to improve the health and well-being of the Nigerian people by identifying and addressing systemic issues affecting the optimal delivery of health services in Nigeria. The resulting high-level interventions have been designed to follow the Global Fund’s framework for [RSSH] that is built on the essential building blocks of WHO for a well-functioning health system, including community systems strengthening (CSS) as another critical component to be addressed in support of RSSH.
- The RSSH grant is designed to strengthen the Nigerian health system across the HIV, TB, and malaria program areas. In doing so it'll have interventions targeted at the HMIS, PSM & Lab system strengthening areas. There's also the additional dimension of the innovative "State approach" to be piloted in the three states of Oyo, Kaduna & Imo. The state approach covers elements like public financial management, support for health insurance and health sector coordination among others.
- In line with specific intervention targeted strengthening Health Management Information system, the project team is proposing short term technical assistance to Update NHMIS/CHMIS training modules, materials, SOPs and guidelines. The final product; SOPs and guidelines will cover the training modules and reference document needs both formal and informal sectors
- The key objective for the short-term technical assistance is to Update NHMIS/CHMIS training modules, materials, SOPs and guidelines.
- Liaise with FMoH (DPRS/NASCP/NMEP, NTBLCP), NACA, NPHCDA and other stakeholders within the health sector to review and Update NHMIS/CHMIS training modules, materials, SOPs and guidelines
- Facilitate residential workshop to finalize and ratify the documents after a thorough validation exercise
- Review and finalize the Updated NHMIS/CHMIS training modules, materials, SOPs and guidelines Documents to reflect all feasible recommendations from the TWG workshop
Number of Consultant(s): 3
Estimated level of effort: 12 working days
- Final version of the Updated NHMIS/CHMIS training modules, materials, SOPs and guidelines
- Comprehensive reports of the workshop
- Comprehensive activity report
Qualifications and Experience
- The Consultant will be a graduate with at least 8 years of developing NHMIS/CHMIS training modules, materials, SOPs and guidelines and; have evidence of work done in Nigeria
- S/he must be competent in Health System Strengthening with special emphasis on Data Quality Assessment/Assurance protocol
- S/he must show proven understanding of Current National HMIS Strategy and area(s) of improvement
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.