The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was establish in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
Child Protection Specialist/Technical Adviser
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 9 months
- The Child Protection Specialist/Technical Adviser serves as the technical lead and manages program delivery of CHAD child protection programs in Borno state emergency contexts, including leading CHAD’s signature program Child-Friendly Spaces. The incumbent deploys to disaster or crisis-affected areas and is responsible for supporting the needs assessment, partner identification, program planning and implementation and ongoing technical support.
- The Child Protection Specialist/Technical Adviser monitors program data, tracks program budget and ensures partners have necessary program supplies. The incumbent is responsible for creating and contextualizing program and training content that best meets the needs of partners and program goals.
- As a frontline representative of CHAD, the position holder is required to ensure safety and protection of children and families that they come in contact with and represent the agency values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity, and Integrity.
- Support the development of response and recovery strategies; lead on the development of child protection goals, objectives and inputs. Provide ongoing technical assistance as needed.
- Create and strengthen program and guidance materials, tools and processes to improve program quality and impact.
- Lead community needs assessments and make recommendations on child protection programming implementation, adaptation and contextualization as needed
- Contribute to internal and external dialogue on children in emergencies through working groups, trainings and presentations as a child protection in emergencies expert
- Manage Child Protection Program Planning, implementation and Monitoring
- Help response and recovery teams create practical child protection implementation plans that achieve realistic and ambitious goals.
- Strengthen program planning guidance and tools including cost models, logic models and best practices for implementation
- Contribute to the development of child protection program funding proposals and help oversee child protection program budgeting and spending.
- Ensure program kits and training materials and supplies are provided to program partners and staff as needed.
- Manage child protection program data collection tools and methods including program surveys, feedback forms and evaluations. Ensure partners are following regular reporting schedules and that data is entered regularly into CHAD’s data monitoring database.
- Cultivate and Manage Child Protection Partnerships
- Develop and strengthen partnerships with other child protection organizations, agencies that contribute to children’s health, wellbeing and protection and can enhance our emergency programming
- Create strong partnership agreements and guidelines for program implementation partners that help ensure quality program delivery
- Develop and Deliver Child Protection Training to partners and emergency responders
- Develop and manage Child Protection in Emergencies training and facilitation content to meet programming needs based on current research and evidence-based best practices
- Deliver Child Protection in Emergencies training to various audiences including program implementation partners and CHAD emergency responders and volunteers.
- Must be willing to deploy to Borno State disaster for 9 months
- Minimum 2-4 years' experience in functional area including working directly with groups of children and their caregivers.
- Bachelor’s degree in child protection, psychology, social work, public health, behavioral health, child development or related field.
- Strong level of technical and/ or managerial knowledge, skills, and experience to lead a program area, or provide the technical advice, guidance and direction related to various size programs and grants
- Excellent communication and presentation/facilitation skills
- Highly collaborative team player
- Organized self-starter who is detail oriented
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite
- Travel up to 30%
- Master's degree in Child Protection, Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Public Health, Behavioral Health, Child Development or related field.
- Experience working in BORNO STATE disaster recovery contexts
- Experience developing and delivering training to adult learners
- Experience in partnership cultivation and management
- Demonstrated knowledge understanding of BORNO STATE and state child welfare systems, processes and networks.
- Demonstrated ability programming to adapt programming in changing or complex environments.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter and an updated CV (not longer than three pages) to:
CHAD Office, Bulumkutu Abuja,
Behind Bulumkutu Primary School,
Maiduguri, Borno State.