Cleaner at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Posted on: 3 July, 2019
Deadline: 3 July, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Reports to: HR/Admin Officer.
- Sweep, scrub, mop and polish floors in the office and guesthouses
- Vacuum clean carpets, rugs and draperies, wipe down glass surfaces
- Shampoo carpets, rugs and upholstery, sort, wash, load and unload laundry
- Dust and polish furniture and fittings and tidy up offices
- Clean (metal) fixtures and fittings and wipe down glass surfaces
- Empty and clean trash containers and dispose of trash in a sanitary manner, clean wash basins, mirrors, tubs and showers
- Make up beds and change linens as required, iron and press clothing and linen and tidy up guestrooms
- Tidy up rooms and wash windows as scheduled
- Iron and press clothing and linen, sort, fold and put away clean laundry
- Operate mechanized cleaning/cooking equipment
- Maintain all cleaning/cooking equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary working condition
- Monitor and report necessary domestic repairs and replacements
- Check and purchase groceries and household supplies to maintain adequate levels
- Clean appliances, plan and cook meals for the guesthouse
- Wash dishes and clean office/kitchen according to agreed hygiene standards
- Replace dirty linens with clean items, inspect and turn mattresses regularly
- Store all dirty laundry in line with Administrative guesthouse rules/policy
- Monitor guest laundry bags and replace laundry bags and slips
- Check all appliances in rooms are in working order
- Realign furniture and amenities according to prescribed layout
- Respond to guest queries and requests
- Deliver any requested housekeeping items to guest rooms
- Ensure confidentiality and security of guest rooms
- Follow all NRC safety and security procedures
- Report any maintenance issues or safety hazards
- Observe and report damage or snags in the office/guesthouse property
- Performs any other duties as requested by line manager
- Knowledge of cleaning and sanitation products, techniques and methods
- Knowledge of cleaning sensitive materials
- Working knowledge of operating cleaning equipment
- Physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel and bend
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- Fluency in Hausa and one other local relevant language (spoken)
- Social science
- Office administration
- General upper secondary school
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: ASAP/September 2019
- Duration: 4 months (One year renewal)
- Salary/benefits: Grade Level 1 (According to NRC’s general directions).
- Duty station: Yola, with occasional travels. Travel outside Yola is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Click here for more Information (MS Word)
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
- Recent Jobs from Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Cook at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Logistics Technical Assistant at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Driver at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Finance Technical Assistant at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Human Resource/Admin Technical Assistant at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Finance Officer at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Human Resources Officer at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Security Officer at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Logistics Officer at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)