Manager, Fraud at 9Mobile
Posted on: 18 June, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at 9Mobile
9mobile, is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
- Responsibilities include; monitoring telecommunications services offering and electronic interaction for any form of misuse as defined by the GSMA and in line with EMTS standards
- Develop Fraud Risk Management Strategy and business plans to ensure that control measures and action plans are in place to address fraud risks within the organization
- Perform & nurture a positive fraud culture within the organization - create and sustain company - wide fraud awareness by undertaking fraud education, training and awareness programme for all the first points of contact.
- Develop and establish fraud detection policy, processes and procedures in line with industry best practice to minimize fraud.
- Define and document service levels for interaction points with other relevant team - Credit Management, Audit and Legal departments etc.
- Conceive, initiate, prioritize and lead to completion of fraud prevention initiatives.
- Follow up with relevant units on all reported cases to ensure closure on the fraud database.
- Act as a single point of contact for all units which the FMD interacts with. E.g., Credit Control, Billing Operations, service provisioning etc.
- Ensure that all FMS/ manual exceptions investigated, reported and database updated.
- Perform varying degrees of TTFile/CDR analysis and reconciliations using multiple data sources in order to ensure TTFile transport integrity as well as billing completeness and accuracy.
- Review, recommend and follow-up on management report items from the Auditors to ensure compliance.
- Maintain regular liaison with the internal and external Auditors to ensure compliance with regulatory and procedural obligations.
- Have responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the Fraud management tool - CONNECTIVA; including generation and monitoring of predefined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), alarms and resolution of alarms triggered.
- Liaise with Network Operations and Engineering departments on fraud related operations
- Manage relationship with all internal and external stakeholders; vendors, auditors, Legal team, forensic audit team and the Law enforcement agencies
- Undertake NRTRDE reporting and implement FMS and fraud alarm criteria and thresholds/Fraud profiling and segmentation using trend / pattern analysis
- FMS contingency / capacity plans to guarantee 24/7 fraud coverage
- Minimize revenue loss from fraudulent activities.
- Conduct fraud risk assessment for all new / existing products / services on EMTS network
- Act as the 1st line of contact for all fraud queries
- All duties that may be assigned that would add value to the unit.
- Bachelor's degree in a numerate field
- Good Knowledge of Relational Database Management systems,
- Excellent understanding of GSM Network Architecture, Operations and Billing Systems
- Excellent understanding of the "business side of telecoms networks- "Network-to-balance sheet"
- Relevant Professional Certifications (ACA, CISA, CRISC, OCA, OCP, OCM, CCNA e.t.c)
- Minimum of 9 years relevant work experience.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from 9Mobile
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Manager, Content & Partnerships at 9Mobile
- Senior Engineer, Carrier and Roaming at 9Mobile
- Know More About 9MobileSimilar Jobs
- Branch Accountant at CAT Construction Limited
- SAP Specialist at Sellafield Energy
- Cashier at Animal Care Services Consult
- Team Lead, Quality Control and Compliance at PoweredUp Consulting
- Accountant at Viva Cinemas
- Afreximbank: Assistant Manager, Credit Quality Assurance – Abuja / Nigeria at CA Global
- Associate, Investment - (Investment / Transport / Infrastructure) – Nigeria at CA Global
- Associate, Trade Finance and FI Lending - (Trade Products / Loans / Strategy) – Lagos, Nigeria at CA Global