Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Community Mobilization Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno
Job type: Full Time
Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
Direct Line Manager: FSL Sector Manager
Tasks & Responsibilities
Objective 1 - Provide support to AAH FSL Sector Manager to implement Mobilisation activities throughout the program implémentation stages:
- Develop a Community Mobilization and sensitization strategy document for effective program delivery.
- To coordinate with LGA officials to share plan and implementation of FSL activities.
- Provide guideline and training to field assistants for effective community mobilization at the LGA level.
- Contribute to detailed planning and implementation of mobilization of FSL activities in collaboration with the FSL- Sector Manager.
- Help to identify methods of community mobilization that enhance partnership & coordination with government officials and local communities, internal integration within sectors and programs (FSL, Nutrition, WASH, NFIs, etc.)
- Help to identify areas of cross-program linkages within ACF programs in assigned LGA to ensure program quality and adherence to program objectives, including respect of ACF technical guidelines, systems, and established deadlines.
- Help to reinforce and coordinate regular program monitoring activities, i.e. Baseline, PDM, End line, etc.
Objective 2 - Manage community mobilization field teams within the sector to ensure compliance, technical quality and coherence in all ACF mobilization, training and IEC material building:
- Assist the Program team in the development of IEC and visibility related procurement and work plans of the mobilization and training component of the ACF program.
- To provide regular support to the Program Manager to implement the filed activities at the community level.
- Assist in engaging stakeholders at LGA level.
- Ensure harmonization of program operating plans and protocols across the program as well as the mission, with the help of line manager.
- Provide regular input for tools based on findings at field level to ensure that technical standards, guidelines and methodologies are communicated and understood.
Objective 3 - Ensure tracking and reporting of activities under Community Mobilisation of all component of the program:
- Share reports and finding on a daily basis to provide help in the compilation of quality reports with an overview of activities and contextual updates, and quantitative indicator follow-up and submit to supervisor for consolidation.
- Assist the Sector Manager and Program Manager in reviewing community mobilization activities, budget and then follow up with Logistics and field assistants to ensure adherence to work plan.
- Provide support to Program Manager through the Sector Manager to ensure timely submission of PLs, Car/ staff movement plans on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that all program-related data and information shared is correct, updated, organized, properly documented and accessible to the supervisor.
- Facilitate and support systematic monitoring and evaluation of FSL activities.
- Contribute to developing bi-weekly report activity progress reports for the program.
Objective 4 - Participate in regular internal and external coordination for the program at LGA level and at the state level when required:
- Take lead in planning and conduct of FGDs with Beneficiaries and Vendors.
- Represent ACF with local authorities, partners and other program stakeholders at LGA level with the consent of CM supervisor
Internal & External Relationship
- Sector Manager: Direct line management & reporting, technical oversight, coaching
- LGA CM field assistants, direct supervisee
- Other Program Managers (FSL, WASH, Nut, PQA and RRE): exchange of information on programs and monitoring and evaluation (integrated approach)
- Base log, Admin and Finance: exchange of information, reporting, collaboration, coordination
- Participate in all Working Group meetings (with the consent of line manager):
- Local and state government: Engage with stakeholders in coordination with base admin &log and state supervisors/PMs/SMs
- B.Sc / HND in Food Security and Livelihoods related courses e.g. Economics, Agricultural Economics, Business Management, Public Administration, Mass Communication, Sociology
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in community mobilization work particularly in a humanitarian context.
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences at local and state level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, adaptability and ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with community members and leaders, partner agencies and key contacts in the government.
- Previous supervisory role.
- Working Knowledge of microsoft office packages.
- Strong sense of organization and attention to details.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Hausa and Kanuri will be an advantage.
- Previous experience in Community Mobilisation in FSL interventions (i.e. cash based transfer, IGA, agriculture/livelihoods).
- Previous experience with Action Against Hunger.
- Experience implementing programming on behalf of donor (i.e. USAID, ECHO, DFID, SIDA) funded activities.
Gross Basic Salary: NGN 211,441 - NGN 339,528 per month.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.