The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Project Officer (Shelter)
SVN No.: SVN2019/173
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub Office (Maiduguri), and direct supervision of the Programme Manager (Shelter), the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting all shelter and construction activities implemented by IOM Nigeria, particularly in the North East.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist in developing IOM Nigeria shelter response options, which are sensitive to the context and culture of affected geographic locations and populations.
- Contribute to a coordinated shelter delivery in the areas of intervention by ensuring shelter response is complemented by other essential services such as Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), education and other communal facilities.
- Monitor the delivery of shelter project targets and bring to the attention of the supervisor delays, bottlenecks, quality, budget or procedural issues, etc., and make recommendations for corrective actions.
- Contribute to designing and conducting needs assessments related to shelter response in various locations including camps, camp-like settings and host communities.
- Contribute to designing and conducting post-distribution monitoring of all shelter activities.
- Analyze data from assessments and Post Distribution Monitoring evaluations for guiding informed programming choices.
- Develop and maintain effective project progress trackers and project monitoring tools.
- Assist in identifying priority locations for rapid shelter response.
- Work closely with Logistics and Procurement Unit on the delivery of program items and assist in bidding process.
- Work closely with IOM's camp coordination and camp management (CCCM), Non-Food
- Item (NFI), Psychosocial Support Services (PSS), Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) and
- Livelihoods teams to identify gaps and to ensure a comprehensive response strategy.
- Contribute to developing Standard Operating Procedures for various activities implemented by IOM Shelter unit.
- Contribute to the capacity building of the shelter team through training modules and close mentoring.
- Support in reporting of all shelter activities for both internal and external audience.
- Develop a systematic approach to capturing success stories on the ground.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master's degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Civil Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in shelter programming in complex emergencies both in camp settings and host community situation is essential;
- Previous experience with handling budget and large-scale shelter programmes;
- Experience in project administration;
- Knowledge of social and development issues as well as general migration related issues;
- Knowledge of project development, administration and evaluation concepts and procedures
- IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
- For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural
- differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the
- ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at: https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.