Strategic Communications & IT Manager at Discovery Cycle Professionals
Posted on: 13 June, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Discovery Cycle Professionals
Discovery Cycle Professionals (A Division of Discovery Cycle Limited) is a global network of experienced academics and consultants assembled to provide world-class knowledge-based services globally. DCP has diverse experience across different professional fields and offers a wide-range of multi-disciplinary professional services. DCP has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria. Over the years, DCP has developed a wide range of multi-disciplinary professional services covering both the private and public sectors of the economy through the "DCP Ecosystem".
Strategic Communications & IT Manager
The Strategic Communications & TID Manager is concerned with improving and growing the business brand, by fostering and developing relationships through strategic communications. The business development manager will also work to improve profitability through careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets and to enhance the operation of the business its position and reputation.
Role and Task Complexities:
Strategic Communications 50%
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of (online and offline) communication, including print, video, publications, website maintenance and social media activities, in order to support effectively the strategic objectives of the company and convey its key messages to different stakeholders companywide and client wide
- Design, develop and implement creative and impactful marketing strategies for raising the company’s national and international visibility, profile and brand.
- Supervise projects to guarantee all content is publication-ready and create communication and marketing strategies for new products, launches, events, and promotions companywide and client wide
- Create and implement specific campaigns for long‐term projects to meet agreed strategic priorities, income generation targets and audience development objectives companywide and client wide
- Develop and implement wider networks to pursue joint communication initiatives and develop and implement effective public relations campaigns.
- Develop and manage all other communications responsibilities such as maintaining distribution lists, developing and tracking email campaigns, web analytics, electronic templates and compliance with communications standards.
- Ensure that relevant audience is reached with company communication campaigns, as well as regular monitoring and evaluation of campaigns and activities to effectively measure the return.
- Liaising with colleagues, designers, printers and other relevant stakeholders on all areas relating to the DCP/MECA brand.
- Create informative and interesting press releases, press kits, newsletters and prepare detailed media activity reports and respond to communication-related issues in a timely manner
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies that build customer loyalty programs, brand awareness, and customer satisfaction.
- Create, plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data structure and operations
- Manage TID staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Audit systems, assess their outcomes, preserve assets, information security and control TID structures
- Handle annual TID budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Analytical thinking/ problem solving on a national and international level with local knowledge and global insights
- Following industry trends locally and internationally as well as drafting and reviewing communication campaigns
- Stay abreast with latest developments in innovation technology research tools and techniques.
- Contributing to the managerial assessment process through participation in meetings and analysis of results
Technical Skills Requirement
- 1st degree in International Relations, Journalism, Communications or a related field
- An advanced degree/ MSC is an added advantage
- 8-10 years’ relevant experience
- Experience of working in/ with local/ regional/national public authorities
- Significant work experience related to communication and Information technology actions with concrete involvement in the design/ delivery of such activities
Method of Application
Kindly send CV and cover letter with title of position as subject of email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Know More About Discovery Cycle ProfessionalsSimilar Jobs
- Switch Support Engineer at GVA Partners
- Blockchain Specialist at GVA Partners
- Java Developer at GVA Partners
- UI/UX Designer at Sure Group
- Editorial Officer at Landover Company Limited
- Corporate Communications Officer at Landover Company Limited
- PS Implementation Consultant/Software Engineer at NCR Corporation
- Data Entry Officer (Female) at Knowledgeware Technologies