Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Location: (Country & Base): Nigeria, Abuja
Starting date: June 2019
Contract duration: 6 months
Line Manager: Media and Communications Officer
- The Communications Intern will support the implementation of communications plans to increase the visibility and profile of AAH with partners, the media and the communities.
- S/He will be responsible for the management of the organization’s social media channels and will work directly with the advocacy and communications team and closely with project teams.
- Support Advocacy and Communications Activities
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Communications Officer to collect information on programmes, write and disseminate content.
- Daily management of the organization’s social media platforms; Facebook, Twitter
- Update information of programme activities on social media platforms
- Support to design advocacy and communication materials such as advocacy briefs, success stories.
- Collect, maintain and organize communication data and materials on No Hunger Forum.
- Media and Communication Officer: Hierarchical relationship - reporting, exchange of information and collaboration on program, communications and other issues.
- Advocacy Manager: Exchange of information, collaboration, coordination on advocacy agenda.
- Technical Coordinators : exchange of information and collaboration on program issues
- Country Director: Collaboration and exchange of information on relations with media and Government institutions.
- Programme Managers: Collaboration and exchange of information on project activities and events.
- Governmental and non-governmental partners : exchange of information, coordination, training, supervision, influence on choice of technical options
- Cluster and other coordination forums
- A university graduate degree.
- Previous experience engaging audience on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook etc.
- Any related prior internship experience is preferred.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Good photography and videography skills.
- Exceptional organization, time management, and attention to detail;
- Excellent computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently;
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be a resident of Abuja and within the ages of 20 to 30 years.
Skills & Experience
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Excellent team player
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Commitment to AAH mission, values and policy
- Familiar with Northeast Nigeria context
- Experience in graphic designing
Monthly Stipend: 40,000 Naira
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.