The African Petroleum Producers' Organization (APPO) is an intergovernmental energy organization created in 1987 in Lagos, Nigeria, to serve as a platform for African petroleum producing countries to cooperate, collaborate, and share knowledge and competencies. It aims to promote common policy initiatives and projects in all facets of the petroleum industry with a view to maximizing the developmental and welfare benefits accruable from petroleum exploitation activities in the Member Countries in particular and in Africa in general. The Organization is made up of 15 Member Countries with Congo Brazzaville as its headquarters, while Abuja Nigeria is the temporary headquarters.
Head, Hydrocarbon Studies
Category: Group II Staff
- Provide technical support to APPO in general and the Rilwanu Lukman Research and Development Centre in particular, by undertaking and promoting scientific research and development in the field of hydrocarbons and energy.
- Holds a first degree in Petroleum Studies or any other relevant qualification/certification issued by a recognized university/higher education institution/professional body
- Age range: Between 35 and 50 years;
- Minimum of ten (10) years professional experience in the petroleum sector.
- Strategic thinking on program implementation in the oil and gas sector
- Relevant experience in the planning and execution of major policies, program and projects in the oil and gas sector as well as in related activities
- Good knowledge of computer and office tools and MS Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project would be an added advantage.
- Good analytical skills, organizational skills and ability to work in a team setting within a multicultural environment
- Ability to take initiative sense of discipline and ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to manage a team in a multicultural environment, develop good relationships with other staff and share knowledge;
- Delegation and decision-making capacity.
- Perform such other functions for APPO in hydrocarbon sector research and development as the Director Rilwanu Lukman Research and Development Centre or Secretary General may determine from time to time.
- Carry out all other duties and tasks assigned to him by the Director of Rilwanu Lukman Research and Development Centre.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to the "Executive Board Member" of the country of origin of the candidate who shall make a national preselection and send the best candidate to the APPO President through an official letter. The application shall contain:
- Application letter;
- Cover letter;
- Three (03) letters of reference;
- Certified true copies/Notarized of degrees and work Certificates; [Background Check]
- Copy of valid ID card/passport;
- Copy of a police extract dating not more than three months;
- Curriculum Vitae dated and signed by the author.
All Nigerians who meet the minimum requirements for the advertised position and are interested in working at the APPO Secretariat are advised to send their applications in the format indicated above to the:
Executive Board Member, APPO,
Office of the Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources,
Block “D”, 6th Floor, NNPC Towers,
Central Area, Abuja.