Louis Valentino Prixair [LVP] is a proud indigenous Nigerian conglomerate which operates a wide range of businesses, including Real Estate Development & Investment, Property Management, Hotel Operations, Cleaning and Laundry services, Catering services and Media. A leader in each of our sectors of business, we offer integrated and advanced solutions for customers across multiple industries.
The Restaurant Manager will be responsible for the effective execution of service at an UPSCALE FINE DINING RESTAURANT. You will always ensure and implement the Standards of Excellence, as determined by the location, company and the client are met. This position will be in charge of managing and staffing the entire front of the house staff. This is a fine dining restaurant which is open 7 days per week.
- Hires, trains, and develops all FOH restaurant staff in fine dining service standards;
- Maintains schedules, payroll and other administrative support to maintain food and beverage cost controls including inventory and pars;
- Organizes and conducts pre-shift and departmental meetings daily;
- Maintains communication with all departments to ensure customer service needs are met;
- Creates seating charts and station assignments daily, following up with support staff of daily expected business;
- Maintains all reservation systems and books to accommodate business demands;
- Creates side work assignments and ensures completion with wait staff;
- Maintains the highest level of service to client/guest, ensuring their satisfaction;
- Maintains cleanliness and presentation of dining room area;
- Investigates and resolves all client/guest complaints in a timely, professional, diplomatic manner.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in hospitality, or equal fine dining experience
- At least 5 years of upscale fine dining with at least three year of management experience
- Cash handling and reconciliation of cash banks and POS systems
- Ability to hire, develop, train, coach and counsel hourly associates
- Ability to plan, market and execute special events/promotions
- Ability to monitor and track budgets and expenditures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of customer service techniques and current service standards
- Must be able to remain poised and focused under pressure
- Knowledge of basic office programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, as well as reservations systems
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
- Professional appearance and demeanor required
Competitive based on experience
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the Job Title as subject of the application.
Note: All attachments should strictly be in PDF Format.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.