The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. Please visit http://www.iita.org/ for more information on IITA.
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Prepare, review and pay salaries of IITA NRS on monthly basis;
- Review local payroll reports and attend to enquiries if any from staff;
- Prepare and manage IITA Consultancy payrolls – Dollar and Naira;
- Prepare and manage teacher’s payroll on monthly basis;
- Process payroll reports into IITA accounting system;
- Reconcile various payroll groups with timely follow up on any variation;
- Manage staff vehicle maintenance allowance payment;
- Review and coordinate payment of IT students, NYSC allowance and casual labour wages;
- Review and coordinate payment of staff loan and staff final entitlements;
- Ensuring payroll related documents are kept and maintained;
- Coordinate filling of statutory tax returns to various tax authorities in Nigeria;
- Prepare and manage payment of students and visiting scientists’ stipends;
- Liaise with HR team on matters relating to staff remuneration records and resolve issues when and if they occur;
- Liaise with various tax authorities on tax matters;
- Uploading and posting of Journals and ADIS into Oracle System;
- Liaise regularly with MIS team in proffering solution to PAYPERS.
- Active participation in tax issues as it relates to NRS salaries;
- Coordinate subordinate activities; Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc./HND in Accounting or related field from an accredited institution with ICAN PE II. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of six (6) years’ experience performing related roles in a large organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a strong analytical mind.
- Have a good working knowledge of computer applications especially Oracle Application
- Have a pleasant personality, good team player, honest.
- Have good command of both written and oral English.
The initial appointment is for three years. IITA offers a competitive remuneration package paid in US dollars.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here for more Information (PDF)
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.