Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
Posted on: 10 June, 2019
Deadline: 17 June, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) - Our client is a leading management development institution in the Nigerian financial services sector. It operates as a non-profit organization limited by guarantee, with services patronized by organisations in the Sub-Saharan African region, especially West Africa.
Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer
Reference Number: 130-PEO01085
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
- The MD/CEO will lead the sustainable growth of the organisation’s business of providing performance improvement interventions in consulting, training & development and research & thought leadership.
- The job holder will have principal responsibility for strategy development and implementation; business development; financial management and project execution in line with best professional standards.
- The person will work with the Board of directors and the executive management team to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies. This role reports to the Board of Directors.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provides overall strategic leadership direction and guidance for the firm
- Works closely with the Board of Directors of the firm, Chief Executive Officers of institutions in the financial services sector, as well as relevant regulatory authorities, towards meeting its statutory mandates
- Provides technical and intellectual leadership, capacity building interventions, performance improvement consulting and service contracts delivery
- Serves as a brand icon for the firm, projecting the brand and cultivating rewarding and credible relationships with key stakeholders in the financial services sector
- Leads the overall business development efforts to ensure that the firms’ expansion and growth aspirations are realized
- Supports and advises on appropriate local legislations that will enrich global best practices in all the applicable industries within the financial services sector
- Develops and institutes strong product and service quality with applicable technical depth, ethical standards, as well as establish a goal-oriented and balanced corporate culture
- Provides a leadership that all staff and over 500 associates and partners of the firm within Nigeria and internationally, will respect and learn from
- Contributes intellectual capital content and quality oversight as editor to the firms’ publications, as well as serve as facilitator, resource person and play various committee roles on applicable professional associations and project initiatives within the Nigerian sub-regional financial system
- Supports and drives the aspirations for a major campus project construction and launch, extending from current project status to live occupation of the campus
- Serves as Project Director for various projects executed by the institution along service lines. The role of a Project Director entails providing overall project direction, stakeholder management and quality assurance on deliverables throughout the project duration, while ensuring that the project outcomes meets Project Sponsor and clients’ requirements in the following ways:
- Direct project development, bids and proposals, delivery and reporting;
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support project goals;
- Engage the project sponsor throughout the project milestone stages;
- Define scope and content of change communication on project-to-project with the Project Sponsor;
- Review full scale project plans and associated communication documents across project teams;
- Determine the frequency and content of status report from the project team, analyses results and troubleshoots problem areas;
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to team members at milestone stages;
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise the project manager, team and counterpart team on all projects.
- A Master's Degree in the Social Sciences or any areas of the firms’ mandate from a reputable tertiary institution will be the minimum. A doctorate degree in applicable area will be an added advantage
- A financial services sector related Undergraduate or First or Masters’ Degree from a reputable tertiary institution, will be desirable
- Must have applicable professional certifications and accreditations in areas relevant to the services of the firm
- Minimum of twenty (20) years working experience, of which ten (10) must be at functional head, and five (5) must be at Senior Executive Management level, preferably, in financial services and/or consulting
- Track record of involvement in curriculum design, training delivery, research and publications activities, as well as demonstrated passion for learning and development
- Strong appreciation of the firms’ mandate, the domestic regional and continental financial services sector, strategic orientation, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Verifiable ethics and integrity
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Good knowledge of and demonstrable computer applications skills.
An attractive and balanced remuneration package, a pleasant working environment and challenging career prospects awaits the successful candidate.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) career website on invite.pwc.co.za to apply
- Know More About PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)Similar Jobs
- Female Manager at Sales Force Consulting
- Area Sales Manager at Sales Force Consulting
- Patient Coordinator at Paelon Memorial Clinic
- General Manager at Hexavia Limited
- Office Assistant at Chuvie Decor
- Administrator - (Logistics, Customer care) at Kaldi Africa limited
- Hotel General Manager at AES
- Operations Support Officer at Proten