Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
Deputy Project Manager (Building Resilience in Complex Crisis (BRICC))
- Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager (BRICC), The Deputy Project Manager is responsible for the management and the proper implementation of COOPI’s Building Resilience in Complex Crisis (BRICC) in Yobe State.
- He/she coordinates and monitors the work of other staff field officers dedicated to these activities and he/she is responsible for a qualitative and regular reporting on various components of the project.
- He/she is responsible to ensure the technical implementation of cash transfers, vocational training, capacity building, agriculture, and VSLA activities of the project.
Programme design and implementation and review:
- With support from the PM Lead project kick-off/launch with stakeholders at LGA and community level
- Support staff members to develop beneficiary eligibility/selection criteria
- Support the M&E Officer to design baseline data collection and analysis tools
- With support from PM ensure the timely and quality delivery of the BRICC project. and at the same time ensure strong grant and financial management and compliance
- Support the design of data collection and analysis tools for market assessment
- Identify and collaborate with strategic partners to ensure broader participation of stakeholders in project implementation, monitoring, and evaluation
- Support the design and monitoring of project implementation plan
- With the support of PM, ensure strong and regular coordination between various components of project to maintain coherence across the program
- Design and implement pilot projects aimed at addressing childhood poverty and protection and use outcomes as model for wider programming.
- Provide technical implementation support to each component of the project quality assurance
Management of resources and staffs:
- Organize, schedule and coordinate BRICC activities and the team’s work on a weekly as well as monthly basis.
- Conduct staff performance reviews
- Monitor staff performance on regular basis
- Ensure the proper manage of project resources including vehicles
- Ensure the security and safety of COOPI staffs and resources
- Secure proper management and supply of project materials and equipment as required
- Participate in various coordination and working groups meetings related to BRICC project
- Represent the PM BRICC at strategic meetings as and required
- Participate in external reporting according to the needs (reports to local authorities, donors) in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Contribute to institutional learning through experience sharing, documentation, and review and planning
- Support team capacity building on day to day basis through sharing of knowledge and experience; organize training sessions for project staffs.
- Language skills: Good command in English (speaking, reading & writing)
- Fluent in local languages will be an added advantage – Kanuri Hausa, etc.
- Education degree: Bachelor's Degree in Project Management, Development studies, or Social sciences
- At least 3 years of project management experience
- At least 3 years of experience in recovery programs
- Familiarity of Cash Transfer Programme (CTP) implementation.
- Familiarity with M&E tools
- Familiarity with log frame analysis
- Proven skills and experience in capacity building
Knowledge and skills:
- Project cycle and project follow up tools (work plan, budget, activities and indicators)
- E-voucher related activities
- E-transfers through mobile
- Team management
- NGO’s logistic and administrative processes (log, fin, HR, procurement)
- Community management
- Good command of English writing
- Conflict management
- Protection sensitivity
- Result driven
- Excellent knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge and experience in capacity building
- Reporting capacity
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.