Laboratory Specialist at Management Sciences For Health - MSH
Posted on: 10 June, 2019
Deadline: 14 June, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Management Sciences For Health -
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Job ID: 13-10675
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A607 - Nigeria Global Fund RSSH
Reports To: Director Lab
- The Laboratory Specialist position is designed to support the implementation of Lab system strengthening interventions and activities within the RSSH project. Position will work from NCDC and with all stakeholders towards a strengthened national laboratory system.
- Guide strategic development and technical implementation of the grant
- Support project stakeholder management effort especially as it relates to the lab sector.
- Support the provision of technical support to stakeholders.
- Support the development of concept notes and guidance documents in relation to project interventions and activities.
- Support the implementation of project interventions and activities.
- Support the development and implementation of the project learning agenda.
- Support reporting of grant activities and results.
- Support the development of communication products including but not limited to success stories, fact sheets, technical briefs, abstracts and publications.
- In close collaboration with stakeholders, support the development of high quality laboratory systems in support of the delivery of quality comprehensive HIV/AIDS, Malaria, TB services and more.
- Support the documentation and dissemination of best practices.
- Support the strengthening of laboratory management information systems as well as laboratory commodity logistics systems in country.
- Support the development and deployment of standard biosafety and biosecurity guidelines and manuals (including training on same).
- Support the strengthening of supply chain management as it relates to laboratory services.
- Support the strengthening of M&E as it relates to laboratory services.
- Represent the project within the laboratory stakeholders community.
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements and keep management informed on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences. Postgraduate or fellowship certificate in medical laboratory science will be an added advantage.
- At least 6 years’ experience with the laboratory services system in Nigeria
- Extensive experience with lab systems strengthening efforts and practices across disease programs [including ATM] and donors.
- Practice evidence of providing strong support across laboratory practices specifically, total quality management, biosafety, biosecurity and service delivery.
- Experience working with the key stakeholders within the Nigerian lab services landscape including government and implementing partner landscapes.
- Experience in designing and implementing laboratory system strengthening interventions.
- Experience developing or supporting the development of laboratory systems guidance documents, strategic frame works, concept notes, SOPs, manuals etc.
- Experience designing and executing capacity building events including the development of training manuals and training facilitation.
- Very strong leadership experience.
- Strong project management and communication skills required.
- Experience in supply chain management as it relates to laboratory services
- Experience in M&E as it relates to laboratory services.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Management Sciences For Health - MSH career website on jobs-msh.icims.com to apply
- Know More About Management Sciences For Health - MSHSimilar Jobs
- Nutrition Manager at IITA - International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
- Stabilization Center Doctor at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Nursing Officer at Anadach Consulting
- Massage Therapist /Beauty Therapist at BrownSkinGirl_BSG
- Radiographer at Wellmed Healthcare
- Claims Manager at LEAD Enterprise Support Company Limited
- Nutrition Consultant at Federal Government of Nigeria
- Medical Secretary - Laboratory at Alan & Grant