Manager, Transmission Core and Backhaul at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 10 June, 2019
Deadline: 19 June, 2019
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Manager, Transmission Core and Backhaul
- Manage the implementation of all projects to support transmission on network core and backhaul capacity
- Support the shareholder returns strategy by developing and implementing network group processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card.
- Minimise divisional OPEX, achieve savings on budget without compromising value or quality
- Drive prompt capitalization of projects
- Track and monitor project budget and ensure spending remains within limit as well as minimize inventory
- Drive improvement in MTN NPS score consistently
- Drive network expansion initiatives to ensure subscribers’s growth (net additions) and good data throughput
- Partner MTNN leadership to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact of non-compliance company results and reputation.
- Identify and eliminate bottleneck in projects
- Manage change process and communicate progress of the projects to relevant project stakeholder
- Maintain effective working relationship with internal and external suppliers
- Develop and maintain a detailed project schedule and provide project support for all projects
- Evaluate project requirements and coordinate resources according to project plan
- Track and document project changes.
- Ensure tx backhaul is delivered for services planned for the month
- Oversee and coordinate all technical activities of all oems and ensure all transaction and administrative documentation is recorded and available for business use
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s vb and values.
- Coach and train team members to ensure understanding of the objectives and gaols of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review teams training needs
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours.
Requirements, Experience & Training
- First degree in Electrical Engineering or related field from a reputable institution.
- 6-13 years work experience comprising
- Experience in telecoms environment
- Experience in mobile transmission network installation
- At least 2 years in a supervisory/ management position.
- Advanced project management
- Time and self management
- Basic RBS installation and commissioning courses
- Project management
- Transmission media technologies
- Network operations
- Network commissioning
- Contract management and negotiation
- CNT training
- Stakeholder relations management
- DWDM training
- Service level agreement management
- Telecommunication and mobile network standards and specifications
- Service monitoring and control.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from MTN Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Senior Manager, CEX Design and Program Management at MTN Nigeria
- Senior Manager, CEX Transformation at MTN Nigeria
- Know More About MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Switch Support Engineer at GVA Partners
- Blockchain Specialist at GVA Partners
- Java Developer at GVA Partners
- UI/UX Designer at Sure Group
- PS Implementation Consultant/Software Engineer at NCR Corporation
- Data Entry Officer (Female) at Knowledgeware Technologies
- Digital Media Marketing/ Junior Website Developer/ Programmer at ICT HUB
- IT & Networking Intern at Buffer Media