Ascentech Services Limited is a full-fledged Human Resource Solution Provider incorporated in 2013 with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria. We are committed to forging long-term partnerships with our clients by creating and delivering robust and flexible services that address the changing needs of their business.
Accounts Payable Specialist (FMCG)
On behalf of one of our clients in the FMCG industry, we are seeking a reliable and precise Accounting Payable Specialist to help properly maintain payable information. The successful candidate will maintain current accounts and assist in invoicing functions. His/her duties will include daily book-keeping, record keeping, and financial reporting, and the preparation of tax records for financial audits. S/he will reconcile and verify invoices; and an extensive knowledge of financial and tax procedures will be required. The candidate must also be experienced and will be one who can analyze expense reports to assign payments to the proper cost centers, work with vendors to resolve past due invoices and reconcile monthly statements.
- Maintain petty cash accounts and log all outgoing disbursements
- Monitor all vendor payment agreements to find discounts that can be used to reduce invoice amounts
- Responsible for paying all sales tax on appropriate invoices and making a note of each tax payment made
- Keep track of credits owed to the company and ensure all credits are properly applied to vendor payments
- Reconcile payable reports each month to confirm that all amounts paid were accurate
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment term
- Process check requests
- Audit and process credit card bills
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Assist in month end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Prepare invoices for payment. This will include matching invoices to Purchase Orders and obtaining authorization for payment.
- Resolves purchase order, receipt, and invoice exceptions.
- Responds to inquires via phone/email correspondence from internal and external customers with a sense of urgency.
- Processes accounts payable documents according to established procedures.
Education, Essential Skills & General Requirements
- BSc/HND in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 4+ years’ experience in accounts payable
- Ability to effectively use an accounting software, including MS Excel and Word
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational ability
- Effective corporate communications skills
- Ability to consistently meet all deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send CVs to email@example.com stating the position applied as the subject of the mail.
PS: Candidates with experience in a Manufacturing/Factory setting will have an advantage.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.