Marketing Representative at United States Agency for Global Media (USAGM)
Posted on: 7 June, 2019
Deadline: 20 June, 2019
View Jobs in Government
View All Jobs at United States Agency for Global Media (USAGM)
The United States Agency for Global Media (USAGM) is a networked global media agency. The five media organizations that comprise the USAGM complement and reinforce one another in a shared mission vital to U.S. national interests: to inform, engage and connect people around the world in support of freedom and democracy. Together, USAGM networks communicate each week with more than 345 million people across the globe.
Solicitation Number: 95T80919S0052
Bid/Proposal Due Date: June 20, 2019 COB
- This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice.
- This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; proposals are being requested and a separate written solicitation will not be issued. The solicitation number 95T80919S0052 is issued, as a request for quotation (RFQ) for the acquisition of Broadcasting Services, in support of the United States Agency for Global Media, 330 Independence Avenue, Washington, D.C., 20237.
- The United States Agency for Global Media (USAGM), Office of Business Development (BD) in Accra, Ghana, is seeking Marketing Representative for Nigeria.
- The Marketing Representative shall provide, but is not limited to, the following:
- The Marketing Representative shall be responsible for a wide variety of marketing and affiliate relations activities in the US Agency for Global Media’s (USAGM) Regional Satellite Office in Nigeria promoting placement of the full range of USAGM programs on local radio and TV stations, cable systems, networks and internet throughout the designated region. The Marketing Representative is also responsible for media research, coordinating promotional marketing and training activities and maintaining close contacts with language services, the Regional Marketing Office, and headquarters.
- Solicit prospective affiliates for USAGM/VOA from the ranks of private and state- run broadcasters, cable operators and internet providers in the designated area.
- Negotiate placement of advertising for USAGM programs in the local media.
- Arrange with local companies for supplemental purchasing and delivering of equipment to USAGM affiliates.
- Arrange with local companies for technical assistance for USAGM affiliates in resolving signal delivery and other technical problems.
- Arrange with local companies for installation of USAGM satellite receiving equipment.
- Occasionally, travel on assignments to affiliate stations throughout the designated area at the direction of the Regional Office Director. Visit necessary offices in preparation for negotiations with information ministries and local officials. Assist in negotiating terms for contracts and grant agreements with potential affiliates.
- Coordinate with Regional Marketing Officer to establish and maintain affiliate database within the region.
- Monitor and research media developments in assigned regions. Advise the Regional Marketing Officer on strategies for expanding affiliations and improving affiliate services. Develop marketing strategies, organize advertising campaigns and design of promotional materials.
- Organize affiliate workshops and conferences.
- Maintain frequent and regular contacts with current and potential affiliates. Contact should be bi-weekly at minimum and more if the situation warrants. Respond to inquiries about affiliate programs.
- Provide the Regional Marketing Officer with a weekly report of his activities.
- Record and dub USAGM programs for distribution to affiliate stations when requested.
- Search for FM frequencies where necessary.
- Monitor rebroadcasting of USAGM programs on affiliate stations.
- Monitor and/or troubleshoot payments to USAGM affiliates or advertising vendors.
- The Marketing Representative may not contract and obligate Agency funds without the permission of an Agency employee.
- The Marketing Representative must have his/her own laptop and cell phone.
- All work is to be performed from the contractor`s residence, no office or housing allowance will be paid.
- All local taxes and work permits are the responsibility of the Marketing Representative.
- Language proficiency (speaking/reading/writing): English and Hausa.
USAGM will pay all invoices on a monthly basis within 30 days of receipt of a proper invoice from the Marketing Representative.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter, current CV, English language writing sample, Attachment (A) Price schedule and Attachment (B) Past performance references to "Contracting Officer Kathryn Peterson" at: email@example.com Using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
Click here for Detailed Information (PDF)
- Effective date for this procurement shall be August 1, 2019 – January 31, 2020 (the base period). The total duration of this procurement (including six-month option) shall be February 1, 2020, ending July 31, 2020.
- Offers will not be accepted from agents; from individuals only.
- Know More About United States Agency for Global Media (USAGM)Similar Jobs
- Business Development Consultant at SAO Group
- Sales Representative – Animal Feed, Concentrate and DOCs at AMO Group
- Marketing Manager at Carlcare Development
- Marketing Officer at Apata & Ascott Limited
- Business Development Manager at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Business Development Executive at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Bike Sales Rider at Ascentech Services Limited
- Client Relations and Marketing Officer at Dillon Consultant Nigeria Limited