Environmental / Regulatory Technician at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
Posted on: 7 June, 2019
Deadline: 11 June, 2019
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
Environmental / Regulatory Technician
Category: Environmental, Health & Safety
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Rotation (2 weeks on/2 weeks off)
- Inspection, basic maintenance and testing of multimedia (air, water and solid) portable environmental monitoring equipment used in an oil complex including stack monitoring equipment, PID, FID analyzers, etc., maintaining inventory of spares for these equipment, record keeping of all related items managed by the environmental team.
- Environmental and regulatory technical support.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) monitoring activities with Site Construction Managers and/or Supervisors
- Assess and record compliance with project and Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contractor SSHE plans and programs (e.g., Environmental Management Plan, Safety Plan, Security Plan, Emergency Preparedness & Response Plan, Socioeconomic Action Plan, Waste Management Plan, SSHE Performance/Environmental Management Plan (EMP) Implementation Monitoring Plans, etc.)
- Conduct scheduled and unscheduled work site inspections/assessments, as required by the EMP and/or loan agreements and as directed by the project's Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) Manager (Safety/Environmental Advisor 2 position)
- Ensure the proper identification, recording, reporting, and rectification of SSHE compliance initiatives, near misses and non-compliance situations
- Provide limited advice related to regulatory approvals and compliance as specified by applicable laws/regulations
- Interface with regulatory agency field inspectors
- Oversee sampling and analysis activities related to the acquisition of environmental field samples and ensure the integrity of such samples from the time of sampling through to the time of analysis
- Provide initial in-the-field problem recognition/troubleshooting and oversee the implementation and monitoring of corrective or emergency actions
- Oversee the activities of technical experts hired to undertake specific SSHE-related tasks
- Receive and review/synthesize SSHE performance/EMP implementation monitoring data/observations, data from analytical laboratories, and other technical information
- Ensure the timely completion and submission of SSHE performance/EMP implementation monitoring/reporting documents
- Assist in the coordination and oversight of spill and emergency response activities
- Recommend mitigation procedures and measures for soil erosion prevention, river and wetland crossings, etc.
- Facilitate the flow of information between field locations and the (specified) "head" office
- Monitor general worker behavior related to the project’s key SSHE policies and requirements
- Participate in project worker SSHE-related and other training sessions
- Candidates should have 3-5 experience with an oil and gas company in the SSHE and/or regulatory compliance field, preferably related to a construction or extractive industry, project or other international construction with environmental, regulatory, socioeconomic, and/or health aspects.
- Degree in Environmental or Natural Sciences, Natural Resource Management or with Technical, Science, Environmental Science, Technology (AS or BS) or related discipline, is preferred but not mandatory and technical field related to SSHE management
- Understand basic industry project construction principles and techniques (upstream petroleum industry preferred)
- Candidates should have good interpersonal skills, some supervisory/organizational talents, and proven ability to work in a positive team manner, hardworking attitude / commitment towards achieving project objective,
- Self-confidence to instruct contractors/project workers regarding regulatory compliance and Safety, Health Environment and Security (SHE&S) performance/ implementation requirements
- Fluent (at a technical level) in the predominant in-country language(s); familiarity with English is desirable
- Environmental, Regulatory, Safety, Health processes and Government Affairs/Regulatory Compliance and tool knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint for reporting; advanced user with Adobe for document management.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Principal Construction Engineer at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Principal Subsea Controls Engineer at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Principal Subsea Hardware Engineer - EXPAT at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Know More About Amaiden Energy NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Safety Officer at Alpha Integrated Energy Services Limited
- Safety and Security Officer at Mercy Corps
- HSE Officer at Contec Global Infotech Limited
- EH Infrastructure Assistant at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- QA/QC/ HSE Officer at Dexterous Applied Training Institute (DATI)
- Field HSE Manager/ HSE Engineer at Saipem Contracting
- Environmental Manager at Richflood International Limited
- Environmental Health Officer at University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan