Business Development Manager at School Kits Limited
Posted on: 6 June, 2019
Deadline: 28 June, 2019
View Jobs in Sales / Retail
View All Jobs at School Kits Limited
School Kits Limited is a leading professional school outfitting firm and a one-stop shop for a wide range of requirements for students from pre-school age through the secondary (High) school age. We are passionate about providing value to schools and parents hence we strive to deliver quality, flexibility and affordability on school supplies.
School Kits Limited commenced business in 2000 and has experienced significant growth for the years becoming a credible brand within the school supply industry in Nigeria. Our competence and credibility can be attested by many satisfied School clients from start-ups schools to well-established institutions as listed in our portfolio.
Business Development Manager
Overall Purpose of the Job
- Developing a growth strategy for the organization – This strategy would be focused on increasing our market share in your region, ensure customer satisfaction and profit for the business
- Identifying and Engaging prospects, follow up on business opportunities and set meetings
- Initiating and maintaining profitable relationships with new/ existing customers
- Introducing new/ existing products to prospective clients
- Developing and Reviewing marketing materials for the Marketing/Sales department
- Writing reports on trends in the industries we operate - Education, Retail and Textile- and ensure SKL Management is properly informed.
- Negotiating contracts, initiating proposals, and closing deals
- Preparing presentations
Business Development Strategy:
- Prospect for potential new SKL clients and convert into increased business in the region of operation.
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure SKL strong presence in the region.
- Make cold calls within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet with potential customers by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential customers and the decision makers within the client organization and set up meetings with the customer decision makers.
- Research and build relationships with new customers for SKL within the region.
- Work with the Global Head of Marketing and Sales to develop proposals that speak to SKL customer’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- You will negotiate and advise on pricing for SKL’s customer requests.
- Present new products- MHS brand- and other services such as the retail partnership for schools, thus, building new and enhancing existing relationships.
- Work with the Procurement and Store teams to ensure customer orders are met.
- Follow- up with customers on order delivered to ensure satisfaction.
Business Development Planning:
- Attend industry functions, such as exhibitions, conferences, school fun fair, inter-house sport activities, workshops, events and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with the Senior Management of SKL on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, you will identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research:
- You are required to submit weekly progress reports and ensure all data reported are accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- You will track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet set targets.
- You will work with marketing staff within your team to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- You will ensure to represent the company in the best light.
- You will be required to understand the company’s vision and mission to ensure continued performance.
- You will oversee your regional and local sales operations.
- You will identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competitors’ status
- You will achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the Sales team
- You will build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with customers and understanding their needs.
- You will assign sales territories, set sales goals, and establish training programs for the organization’s sales representatives.
- You will record sales information and maintain customers’ records at the Office.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events (Market Knowledge)
- Proficiency in QuickBooks usage for Sales orders’ processes and analysis
- Socially adept
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Prioritizing obligations
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Good with numbers
- Age 25- 30 years
- Must be a female
- Minimum of HND or BSC
- Knowledge of marketing and sales techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the same capacity
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com Using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
- Know More About School Kits LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Sales Team Leader at InfoBip
- Marketing Executive at Ascentech Services Limited
- Telecoms Sales Specialist/Manager at PG Consulting limited
- Total Young Graduate Programme (YGP) at TOTAL
- Business Development Associate, Southern & West Africa at BBC
- Marketing Manager - Expatriate at Adexen
- Direct Sales Agent Captain at Altara Credit Ltd (“Altara”)
- Brand Retail Manager at Lorache Consulting Limited