Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Job ID: 13-10670
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A559 - Nigeria GF Malaria
Reports to: Senior Technical Manager, M&E.
- Management Sciences for Health and Malaria Consortium in collaboration with Catholic Relief Services and National Malaria Elimination Programme are lead PRs in 13 malaria priority states supported by the Global. One of partners’ activities includes improved malaria commodity utilization and improved reporting from the health facilities, through effective and efficient HMIS and LMIS data triangulation, and the test positivity rates (TPR) reported from the routine health facility data through the NHMIS.
- Theoretically, HMIS and LMIS data should match; however, there are different reasons those numbers do not match. It has however become imperative to compare them, to see what the differences and the magnitude of these differences are, identify the root causes and to take specific actions that will help address the root causes and improve data quality.
- Comparing both data systems has been proposed by relevant stakeholders as a solution to many of these challenges. In addition, the test positivity rates (TPR) reported from the routine health facility data through the NHMIS have been persistently high ranging from 60% to 80% between Jan and Dec 2018. These persistently high TPRs, despite the numerous malaria interventions, raise questions regarding the true test positivity rate, hence the need to better understand health care workers’ practices in the management of fever cases at the health facilities.
- MSH will be supporting this activity across 13 Global Fund supported states namely; Adamawa, Delta, Gombe, Jigawa, Niger, Kaduna, Kano, Kwara, Katsina, Ogun, Osun, Taraba and Yobe states.
- Analyze the submitted triangulation data with MSH team
- To develop a comprehensive technical report detailing the findings of the triangulation in conjunction with MSH and other partners.
- Any other tasks that maybe required in relation to the activity
Qualifications and Experience
- Proficiency in report writing
- Consultant should able to collate and analyze data at the end of the exercise
- Data Collection/Statistical Packages: Survey ToGo, SPSS, STATA, Dedoose, MINITAB, ZAITUN, EPI INFO, Allocation software, DESIGN EXPERT, Modprobe, MS Excel, MS Word etc
- Bachelor's Degree, Biostatistician/Epidemiologist and/or equivalent relevant experience.
- Excellent attitude and interpersonal skills.
- Teachability: ability to learn and apply new skill
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Management Sciences For Health - MSH career website on jobs-msh.icims.com to apply