IFES is an independent, non‐governmental organization providing professional support to electoral democracy. IFES supports citizens’ rights to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions. Since arriving in the country, IFES has been building the capacity of institutions such as the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Civil Society Organizations (CSO), media organizations, and the judiciary.
Electoral violence is a unique subcategory of political violence experienced in different forms, ranging from intimidation, to destruction of property, to violent clashes resulting in loss of life. IFES defines electoral violence as, “Any harm or threat of harm to any person or property involved in the election process, or the process itself, during the election period.
- Provide Assistance with banking transactions;
- Assists Finance Officer in preparing monthly financial reports.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets.
- Assists in the preparation of Field office Wire Transfer Request (WTR) ready to be submitted to IFES HQ.
- Assists on the preparation of Bank & Accounts reconciliation.
- Assists on the preparation of payment vouchers.
- Keep track on all advances and assist clearing process of Travel & Sub Recipient advances. Review Travel Expense reports and reconcile Sub Recipient advances other.
- Reconcile and keep track on accruals for vacation and severance,
- Reconcile and keep track withholding taxes records and assist on the preparation of payment vouchers.
- Provide support to Subgrantees and review Subgrantees financial reports to ensure compliance with terms and condition of the award.
- Perform other duties as assigned by DoFA, Finance Officer and/or Chief of Party
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Financial Management or any related field
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in the financial management and/or accounting field.
- Demonstrated financial management and accounting skill
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and being able to meet deadlines.
- Experience with USAID and other donor financial management, reporting requirements, sub-grants procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and Accounting Software, specifically QuickBooks is an added advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their typed written application, current resume, copies of certificates
and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org