IFES is an independent, non‐governmental organization providing professional support to electoral democracy. IFES supports citizens’ rights to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions. Since arriving in the country, IFES has been building the capacity of institutions such as the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Civil Society Organizations (CSO), media organizations, and the judiciary.
Electoral violence is a unique subcategory of political violence experienced in different forms, ranging from intimidation, to destruction of property, to violent clashes resulting in loss of life. IFES defines electoral violence as, “Any harm or threat of harm to any person or property involved in the election process, or the process itself, during the election period.
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming helpdesk ticket, telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in- person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software,
- networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Interview users to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to IT-HQ.
- Create and maintain documentation of support activities and providing status updates to customers; Provide effective incident and problem resolution using automated systems and
- Analyze and evaluate incident reports and make recommendations to reduce help line incident rate.
- Communicate with vendors to resolve technical problems with desktop computing software and hardware.
- Test software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid staff in performing work.
- Train other staff on software and hardware.
- Perform administrative functions on Windows servers in conjunction with the Senior Network Engineer. This will include server upgrades and solving issues related to AD, SMS, Print Services,
- and other applications that use Windows Server. Work with HQ to deploy new technologies and assist in training of local personnel.
Qualifications and Experience
B.Sc/BEng Computer Science/Engineering or minimum of 5 years relevant field experience with
reputable organizations or international NGOs.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their typed written application, current resume, copies of certificates
and three references to: email@example.com