Investment Analyst at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
Posted on: 4 June, 2019
Deadline: 15 June, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) - Our client, Afreximbank (based in Cairo, Egypt), is a Trade Finance Bank established for the purpose of financing, promoting and expanding intra-African and extra-African trade. The Bank was established through an agreement signed by member states and multilateral organisations and a charter that governs its corporate structure. In addressing the gaps in African trade, the Bank has set up an Investment Holding company (FEDA) under its Equity Investment Programme.
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC Nigeria) has therefore been contracted by Afreximbank to recruit experienced and competent individuals to support the FEDA investment team in the position below:
Reference Number: 130-PEO01074
Location: Cairo / Mauritius
Reference: FED 002
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
- To assist the investment team with the appraisal and execution of investment opportunities.
- Develop/review financial models to support investment transactions and portfolio monitoring.
- Conduct valuation of target and portfolio companies. Analyse target and portfolio companies’ financial statement and prepare forecasts.
- Support Investment Manager and Investment Directors in all phases of the PE investment life cycle e.g. deal origination, evaluation of prospective investment, Investment Committee presentations, preparation of fund raising materials, delivery of value creation plan, exit of portfolio companies, drafting deal term sheets for FEDA transactions etc.
- Support the Investment Manager to coordinate external due diligence and other advisers working with FEDA on transactions or delivery of value creation plan for portfolio companies.
- Review deliverables of appointed advisers for FEDA’s transactions and prepare summary for the Investment Manager and Investment Directors.
- Support the Investment Manager in preparing monthly and quarterly reports to FEDA’s investors. Develop in-depth trend and industry analysis and draw relevant conclusions from the analysis.
- Take charge of scheduling deal execution meetings, track outcomes and implementations.
- Draft sector reports and research papers from time to time to disseminate knowledge about a specific area related to FEDA investments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Banking, Accounting, Economics, Sciences, Engineering etc. with strong academic performance. MBA/MSc in Finance, Economics, Accounting and Banking will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years' work experience, 3 of which must have been spent in private equity.
- Additional relevant work experience includes investment banking or Big four deals/transaction advisory experience, strategy consulting etc. Certifications such as CFA or ACCA/ACA/CPA also required.
- Permanent position and willing and able to relocate to Cairo.
- Tax-free salaries paid in USD.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Investment Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Know More About PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)Similar Jobs
- Finance and Account Intern at Africa Youth Growth Foundation
- Accountant/Internal Control Officer at Emerald Food & Beverages Company Ltd
- Risk Advisor - Control Transformation & Assurance at Deloitte
- Chief Financial Officer at Babban Gona
- Head of Finance & Administration (BSM) at Oxfam
- Head of Joint Venture Accounting at Adexen
- Asset Manager at Whytecleon
- Accounting Manager at Techdavez Integrated Systems