Intern, UI/UX Designer at eHealth Systems Africa
Posted on: 16 May, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at eHealth Systems Africa
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
Intern, UI/UX Designer
Purpose of the Position
- The intern, UI/UX is responsible for gathering and evaluating user requirements in collaboration with product developers.
- S/he will be responsible for illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps.
- S/he will design high fidelity mockups and user interface elements to be used in final production while under the supervision of a senior UI/UX Designer.
What you'll do:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design web, desktop and mobile applications that deliver consistently engaging and delightful experiences that are simple to use and elegant.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites/applications function and look like
- Create original graphics designs (e.g. images, sketches, and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors, and images
- Present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, understand and find.
- Exceptionally effective communicator with the design team, product management team, and software engineers capable of thriving with remote and on-premises dynamics.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced iterative lean design environment.
- Create a product style guideline and lead visual consistency
Who You Are
- Ongoing or completed Bachelor's degree from college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or related field.
- Experience designing with style guides and pattern libraries and using a variety of tools like Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, OmniGraffle, Sketch, etc.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering innovative, elegant designs working under broad directives with minimal hand-holding or oversight
- Comfortable with collaborating on and present work to a range of stakeholders - executives, engineers, product managers, business leaders, researchers, other UX, and visual designers.
- Demonstrate proficiency in graphic design, animation, typography, iconography, color theory and visual layout.
- Experience with responsive design principles.
- Moderate or expert use of in UI design tools like Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience in storyboarding, wireframing and creating design specifications.
- Curiosity, creativity, and a problem-solving attitude is a must.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across the organization.
- Creative self-starter, team player with the ability to multi-task and focus.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Flexibility to work longer hours and meet tight deadlines as needs may require.
- Fluent in English.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and reach with their hands and arms.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from eHealth Systems Africa
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Senior Software Developer - Consultant at eHealth Systems Africa
- Intern, Software Development at eHealth Systems Africa
- Know More About eHealth Systems AfricaSimilar Jobs
- Social Media & Content Intern at The Brand Ally
- IT Tech Support at 9NL LTD
- Software Developer at Aureole Consulting Limited
- Pre-Sales Engineer at Netcom Africa
- Senior IT Support Officer at Elkris Foods
- IT Officer at Creative Associates International
- Junior/Mid-Level Developer at AGL Consulting Ltd
- Web Developer at Sahel Capital