Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited - A leading international player in marine services, Bourbon offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services.
OSV Chief Mate (AHTS/TUG) M/F
Reference number: 2019-75
Location: Onne base, Rivers
Job type (offshore/onshore): Offshore
Contract type: Permanent Contract
Type of vessel: AHTS
- Chief Mate assists Master and would assume command in the event of the Master absence.
- Chief Officers may act as Safety Officers as well as Watch duties they will also perform appraisals on the Deck Officers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Master and learn all aspects of ships command with a view to eventual promotion
- Act as the ship’s Safety Officer as and when required
- Committed to Safety and Company Procedures in all tasks
- Allocate and ensure that all duties appertaining to deck department are carried out in a safe and efficient manner
- Above mentioned list of duties is not exhaustive and tasks on board vessels assigned to this position are not limited to above list.
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
Chief Mate (AHTS):
- Minimum of 2 Anchor handling/towing/rig move operation/ tanker lifting/berthing
- 6months as Chief mate
- Must possess STCW CHIEF MATE II/2 license,
Chief Mate (TUG):
- 2 years min exp. in towing/rig move operation/tanker lifting/berthing
- 6months as Chief mate on ASD
- Must possess STCW CHIEF MATE II/2 license,,
- Experience on vessels with Azimuth Stern Drive
- Applicants for the position must meet all Manila 2010 STCW certificate requirements, ability to use MS Applications and a good understanding of English language.
Licenses (seafearers only):
- Chief Mate <7000 GT (A-II/2)
- Chief Mate <8000 GT (A-II/2)
- Chief Mate Unlimited (A-II/2).
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com Stating the position as the subject matter.