Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) - Key Populations HIV Project
Job ID: sfh-57635
- The DFO will be the lead expert for financial management as well as for administrative, human resource and logistics management.
- S/he will be responsible for overseeing project accounting and finance/budget management, along with project operations, in line with donor policies.
- This includes being responsible for efficient resource deployment and use, program accounting and financial reporting systems, cost-share and related reporting and ensuring compliance with donor financial and accounting rules and regulations.
- A minimum of Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration or a closely related field. Master's degree will be an added advantage;
- A minimum of 8 (eight) years of progressively responsible experience in overseeing financial operations and management of large-scale, complex development activities in developing countries;
- A minimum of 4 years of experience overseeing the procurement administration and financial management and reporting of a USG-funded activity;
- Demonstrated understanding, experience and competency in working with HIV KP community-led organizations and KP community leaders;
- Demonstrated experience with coordinating, analysing and reporting financial performance, financial forecasting and budget variance analysis.
- Demonstrated experience managing operations including managing people and performance.
Skills and Competencies:
- The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills; a thorough understanding of USAID financial guidelines and rules, international accounting standards and Nigerian tax and fiscal policies.
- Hands on experience using an ERP and/or financial management MIS with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Requires a high level of creativity and innovation and the ability to maintain operational efficiency in a fast-paced work environment
Location: Uyo-Akwa Ibom Application Link
Location: Bauchi Appllication Link