- Study at London’s Top University - MDX. Tuition from just $5000 and 4 campuses. Learn more
HR Business Partner at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
Posted on: 9 April, 2019
Deadline: 22 April, 2019
View Jobs in Power / Energy
View All Jobs at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) - Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria's largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
HR Business Partner
Reporting To: Head: Employee Relations
- Will be responsible for providing professional and strategic consultative services to Business Units and Undertakings to ensure seamless delivery of HR value propositions in alignment with business strategy
- Engage BU Managers and other key stakeholders in identifying business needs and proactively contribute to the development of strategic HR solutions in collaboration with the senior HR Management team.
- Provide effective business partnering services to the client BUs and Undertakings to ensure the alignment of HR strategy with business strategy
- Effectively communicate and drive execution of business processes as well as ensuring periodical review of defined service level targets.
- Review employee performance issues in conjunction with BU management, investigate related issues and challenges, socialize mitigating options with HR Management and offer pragmatic solution to BU management.
- Provide guidance to BU Management on HR policies, ensuring the right interpretation of the policies are applied in managing human resources in the BUs/Undertaking and champion the implementation of new HR policies.
- Provide apt advice and counsel to BU/Undertaking Line Management on grievances, conflict resolution, progressive and corrective disciplinary processes as well as other areas of employee relations.
- Collaborate with the Talent Team and Business to identify, engage and retain talents within the organization and provide input into career development plans for employees.
- Manage manpower planning of assigned BU to ensure optimal headcount productivity and provide input on business unit restructuring.
- In partnership with Central Employee Relations team and BU/Undertaking Line Management, design and execute best-fit Employee Engagement interventions.
- Facilitate senior management road shows for BUs /Undertakings to ensure effective employee engagement and work closely with management and staff to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Provide support and representation for HR Subject Matter Experts in client Business Units and Undertakings.
- Review and analyse information and data with respect to human resources activities within the BUs/Undertakings and collate activity reports for submission to HR senior management.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs
- A first degree preferably in Social, Human and or Behavioural Sciences
- A professional qualification of CIPMN, CIPD, SHRM is desirable
- 6-8 years’ experience with at least 4 years HR Services and Administration
- Sound knowledge of HR Processes and Policies
- Proven organizational development and Performance management experience
- Experience in Employee Relations including Grievance & Discipline Management
- Change Management
- Ability to build partnerships in a matrix organizational environment along with providing coaching/counseling to all levels within the BU/Undertaking
- Solid problem-solving skills and business acumen
- Strong level of influence and negotiation skills
- Strong, creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal effectiveness skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company career website on careers.ikejaelectric.com to apply
- Know More About Ikeja Electricity Distribution CompanySimilar Jobs
- HR Officer at Primera Food Nigeria Limited
- Human Resources Manager at HT-Limited
- Human Resource/Admin Technical Assistant at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Human Resource Executive at SuccessDrives Consulting
- HR Officer at Cheki Nigeria
- Trainer at Rally Trade
- Recruitment Manager at 4 Quarters Consultants Limited
- Human Resource Manager at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates