Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
Our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of neutrality and impartiality.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Provide medical care to patients according to adapted medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients’ health conditions.
Open-ended contract position to be filled and other successful candidate to integrate Daily Worker pool
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose & provide outpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adopted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve health conditions.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the treatment and any follow-up required. Ensure patients/relatives have clear understanding of the available treatment options and their possible outcomes.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problems or complications related to the patient’s illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure proper documentation in the patient file including patient history and treatment.
- Attend ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND CONDITIONS
- Education: Medical Doctor diploma (MB, BS or MB,Bch); full registration with Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN); current annual practice license
- Experience: 1 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work; experience in obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, considered an asset.
- Languages: Pidgin and English required additional local languages desirable.
- Computer Literacy: Word and Excel
- Competencies: Commitment to MSF Principles, Behavioural Flexibility, Teamwork and team management
- Work Location: Orogbum and Eliozu Clinics (Port Harcourt, River State, Nigeria).
- Work commitment: 208 hours per month. Availability for shifts up to 12 hours, night/day
Monthly Gross salary of N 392,500
This job is no longer accepting applications.