FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Senior Procurement and Logistics Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full time
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
- Develop, plan and manage policies and strategies related to procuring supplies and services (in accordance with FHI 360, USAID and other donor policy) in support of all FHI 360 projects in the North East with occasional support from Country Office, both domestic and international sourcing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the negotiation of contract terms on a range of procurements and monitor delivery of exact specifications.
- With the CO-PM to develop policy and systems for FHI 360 procurement at State and Field office level, identifying what is procured locally and nationally. Monitor procurement processes and compliance with FHI 360 procedures at State and field office level. Implement sourcing strategies to support FHI 360 and donor objectives, providing FHI 360 competitive advantage in the areas of materials, supplies, and services.
- Prepare specifications, compare bids received and present recommendations on purchases to management. Develop contracting arrangements, in liaison with CO Procurement and Contracts and Grants, with selected vendors which meet FHI 360’s standards on quality assurance.
- Ensure that all procurement is carried out in a timely and efficient manner and in compliance with FHI 360’s value for money and transparency and donor guidelines/regulations on procurement.
- Manage suppliers, cost, quality, and performance delivery. Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the procurement process. Manages the procurement process and inventory of office supplies, computer peripherals, software, cell phones, furniture, publications, subscriptions, medical equipment and pharmaceuticals for both state and field level offices.
- Oversees logistical system for shipping/property control and related contracts. Acts as liaison with finance to assure purchase orders are paid as due and accounts are maintained currently.
- Trains staff on procurement and logistic procedures and policies to ensure compliance with government regulations and documentation requirements pertaining to exports.
- Coordinate and plan bookings of meeting and training rooms by internal and external users. Ensure that all internal and external meeting organizers comply with FHI 360’s Guidelines for meeting/workshops.
- Oversee the upkeep, rehabilitation and maintenance of facilities utilized by the humanitarian response team including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventive maintenance programs.
- Coordinate the periodic inventory verification of all listed stores and property.
- Ensure that the inventory list is accurate and complete and that all required data fields are populated and accurately entered into electronic inventory system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS/BA degree in Procurements and Logistics related field with 5 – 7 years of relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Business Admin or related field with 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Familiarity with donor-funded procurement rules and regulations is an advantage.
- Experience using inventory management software is an advantage.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of procurement and logistics standards and practices. Working knowledge of company policies and procedures regarding budgets and contracts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to influence, motivate and negotiate to ensure compliance and company objectives and goals are met.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Demonstrated knowledge in pricing, contracts negotiations, policies and procedures.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Good analytical, numerical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.