Senior Manager, Data & Partnerships at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 13 March, 2019
Deadline: 21 March, 2019
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Senior Manager, Data & Partnerships
- Drive the execution of MTNN’s data strategy and ensure alignment to overall Group Data Strategy, leveraging on internal and external partnerships
- Coordinate the teams’ activities to ensure achievement of all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow Data Revenue, Growth in smartphone penetration, Data ARPU and improved operational efficiency).
- Develop short and medium-to-long term plans for the unit’s activities, monitor progress, and evaluate delivery of business objectives.
- Manage project/initiative budget in line with business objectives.
- Review Data performance (along all defined drivers of value) and provide management with action plans to meet set business objectives and develop contingency plans as required to address shortfalls.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop and consolidate an overarching MTNN business plan including proffering short and long term views, identifying key drivers for sustainable profits and driving achievement of objectives/targets especially on data.
- Drive Contract negotiations where applicable to reduce cost, and ensure value creation for all parties concerned.
- Monthly performance reporting to management based on agreed drivers of value, and on key strategic projects
- Develop value propositions to drive customer acquisition, retention, value perception and segment positioning.
- Ensure value extraction through below-the-line customer value management.
- Develop market research programs that will provide insights to the data function and support marketing and Sales efforts.
- Develop strategies and champion customer centricity across the organization especially as it relates to the data function
- Actively pursue partnerships that will provide significant value to our customers and to the business
- Management and timely resolution of escalations that have significant impact on service delivery and customer experience.
- Data proposition business plan input
- Ensure the maintenance and update of a product portfolio that will appeal to all customer segments
- Manage data proposition/pricing competitiveness in the market
- Keep abreast of current and future technology and platform trends that are related to the Telecom business especially the data function
- Engage OTT players and incubator programs related to app development actively seeking opportunities to co-create customized offerings for our customers
- Scan the internal and external environment including competition and develop a comprehensive strategy for data, pusuing the most effective and efficient ways in developing, launching and sustaining related products.
- Use regional operations teams to drive initiatives that will deliver business growth, branded experience and local / community connections / affinity with MTN.
- Provide leadership in the formulation and update of processes, policies and procedures guiding the operations of the data team and ensure compliance.
- Develop and launch campaigns that are consistent with MTN value propositions, to clearly communicate the key benefits of our product and services to the different customer segments.
- Cross-functional collaboration with commercial, technical, finance and regulatory teams to ensure business value realization across MTNN
- Identify and review key risks, issues, and dependencies and develop mitigation actions.
- Provide operational leadership, define and implement Key Performance Indicators and Metrics for operational activities and use these metrics to drive service delivery excellence, and improve overall performance of the department
- Continuously seek professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a constantly evolving digital landscape.
- Identify, evaluate and track the development needs and performance of the team, ensuring staff fully utilize all avenues provided by the organization for their personal and career development.
- Coach and mentor the team to ensure understanding of the objectives, goals and business targets of the department, awareness of all related job requirements and responsibilities
- Promote a sustainable organizational culture that enhances employee productivity and oversee the management of the year on year performance of all dimensions of the Group Culture Audit.
- Ensure the team is led, motivated, and rewarded to achieve high performance in all functional areas, by providing guidance and interventions as and when required
- Deliver business value through partnerships with MTNN’s Partners and customers to enhance MTNN’s Corporate Brand
- Build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders, external partners and suppliers.
- Build partnerships with key OEM’s, OTT players, Platform players, App developers and Incubation Programs/Platforms
- Develop partnerships with key marketing and activation agencies in the region
- Guide and direct suppliers and third parties in achieving MTNN’s objectives
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- First degree in Marketing or a related discipline
- Possession of post graduate degree (MBA/ Masters in relevant fields) will be advantageous
10 years’ work experience which includes:
- Management track record of 5 years or more; with at least 3 years experience in Telecoms marketing, strategy development and implementation
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise (understanding emerging markets advantageous)
- A good understanding of systems, networks and mobile telecoms, mobile applications and mobile devices
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
- Proven experience in customer management, marketing management, market research, sales and channel management
- Experience in managing projects
- B.Eng, B.Sc, B.Tech or BA
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from MTN Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Accountant, Budgets at MTN Nigeria
- Account Partner - Strategic at MTN Nigeria
- Application Support Engineer at MTN Nigeria
- General Manager, Risk Management at MTN Nigeria
- Project Accountant at MTN Nigeria
- Know More About MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Studio Photographer & Graphics Designer at Elite Studio Nigeria
- Graphic Designer/Communication Analyst at Norrenberger Financial Group
- ATM Engineer at Ark Technologies Limited
- Senior Engineer at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Principal UX/UI Designer at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Product Owner at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- UX/UI Designer at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- CRM Super User at Prime Services