General Manager, Risk Management at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 13 March, 2019
Deadline: 21 March, 2019
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
General Manager, Risk Management
- Lead the Risk Management department; Identify, evaluate, manage and establish strategic, tactical and operational defensive mechanisms to protect MTNN and enhance performance against potential internal and external risks (Compliance, Liquidity, Product, Market, Political, and Economic, Reputation etc.).
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business scorecard. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimization etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Advise ExCom on possible financial impact across all divisions of regulatory and statutory developments and trends. Highlight potential revenue generation/cost saving opportunities.
- Serve MTNN’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Provide feedback on any challenges to the Executive, Risk and Compliance to facilitate continuous improvement and mitigate risks
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours with respect to risk management and impact on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Support organizational employee awareness on Risks - including providing regular training to employees on risk matters, the application of standards and guidelines, relevant laws and regulatory requirements, promoting and enhancing a strong telecom-wide compliance culture etc.
- Work with MTN Regulatory functions and provide input into Regulatory policies/regulations, legislative framework and future impact of new Regulatory policies and legislation – with a specific focus on the impact of such regulations or policies on MTN’s business.
- Actively participate in broad-based discussions and engagements with relevant stakeholders to ensure the effective implementation of the Risk Management Framework at different levels
- Participate in relevant stakeholder forums to ensure MTN’s views are represented appropriately.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant risk frameworks, of professional or industry codes.
- Maintain close contact with industry peers/bodies and professional bodies propagating and embedding the risk management culture.
- Collaborate with divisional and regional representatives on Telecoms Regulations, Legislations, License Conditions and impact of the proposed regulatory/legislative policies on MTNN’s business, advising divisional representatives and ExCom on possible risks and impact of legislation and regulations.
- Lead the formulation of the MTNN’s Risk Management strategy in line with business goals and ensure that the company maintains and improves its Risk Management maturity.
- Implement and drive a comprehensive, market leading risk management framework, policies and procedures that address regulatory, operational, technology, insurance, physical security, HSE and other risks and provide oversight and direction for risk management across MTNN.
- Partner with divisional executives to identify, analyze, assess and mitigate Operational Risks and develop a Risk Management Control framework suitable to high-risk engagements, balancing risk with operational effectiveness.
- Support the Executive, Risk and Compliance and Group Risk and Compliance in establishing and quantifying the company’s risk appetite, risk bearing capacity and risk tolerances.
- Partner with the Executive, Risk and Compliance in building and entrenching a risk-aware culture, by formulating Risk Management education content and arranging appropriate briefings and trainings.
- Establish a robust, fit-for-purpose strategic and operation Business Continuity Management (BCM) framework, policies and procedures that assures business resilience and deals with abnormal or disruptive situations that may threaten MTN’s strategic objectives, reputation and/or viability.
- Implement and embed the Group frameworks on “Risk Escalation and Acceptance” and “Risk Appetite” and align the Group Risk Management Control Framework to best practices and MTNN’s business requirements.
- Define the standards, set targets for performance across various activities, and identify the parameters for measurement of performance as it relates to Risk Management.
- Assist the Executive, Risk and Compliance in developing Risk Management reports to the MTNN Board.
- Support managers to implement effective Risk Registers to resolve identified risks, control lapses and non-compliance issues
- Provide ongoing information on Risk Management initiatives and processes.
- Actively ensure the identification of risks associated with existing or new processes and take measures to introduce adequate controls in operational business processes.
- Facilitate and contribute to the risk management governance fora.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train team members to ensure the understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of the set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
Experience & Training
- First Degree in any discipline including Engineering, Computer Science, Finance etc.
- MBA or other post-graduate degrees well be of added is advantage
- Relevant Professional Certifications e.g. CMIRM; CRMA; CRISC, MBCI etc. is a MUST
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English
Minimum 12 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum 5 years of Senior Management Experience, with at least 5 years in an Enterprise Risk / Risk environment in a large organisation
- Understanding of emerging markets risks
- Experience in working across diverse cultures and geographies will be an added advantage
- Understanding of risk environments for telco industry sector is advantageous
- Experience in Risk Management with Big 4 Firms is an advantage
- B.Eng, B.Sc, B.Tech, HND or BA
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from MTN Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Accountant, Budgets at MTN Nigeria
- Account Partner - Strategic at MTN Nigeria
- Application Support Engineer at MTN Nigeria
- Project Accountant at MTN Nigeria
- Senior Manager, Data & Partnerships at MTN Nigeria
- Know More About MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Accountant at Inter-Arc Consultants Limited
- Accounting Supervisor at Carlcare Development
- Credit Analyst at Trafalgar Associates Limited (Kwikpay Credit)
- Accountant at Mario Consulting
- Investment Officer and Deputy Country Director, C5 at British High Commission
- Senior Associate, Financial Advisory at Deloitte
- Savings Manager at ACCION Microfinance Bank
- Manager - Senior Manager, Financial Advisory at Deloitte