Estimating and Assurance Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Posted on: 13 March, 2019
Deadline: 22 March, 2019
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation.
Estimating and Assurance Lead
Ref Id: 103260BR
Skillpool: Project Services
Roles & Responsibilities
- Produce cost estimates (using cost estimating tools and methodologies) for major and complex projects particularly in the deep offshore environment, inclusive of engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and start-up scope and costs. Incorporate project complexity factors into cost estimates reflecting key parameters such as project objectives, scope and execution plan.
- Translate the identified project scope and engineering deliverables into the estimate of capital expenditure costs composed of detailed MTOs matched with detailed pricing and construction unit hours down to Type-3 levels. Identify areas of uncertainty and apply appropriate allowances. Obtain credible data for estimating in-Country Scope elements.
- Formulate and validate methodologies for deriving quantities from design parameters. Perform scenario comparisons and uncertainty analyses and sensitivities on cost estimates, reflecting analysis of project risks.
- Develop Estimate Plan detailing how the estimate will be developed and Estimate Basis to document how estimate was developed.
- Comply with Company’s Life Saving Rules and all relevant HSSE Rules and Regulations, Business Ethics, Compliance and Anti-Bribery & Corruption (ABC) rules.
- Comply with Project Services standards, guides and Project Services management manual.
- Provide strategic analyses and normalisation of the large amount of bidder’s assumptions / qualifications impacting risk profile and costs to accomplish bid evaluation for various EPCs.
- Support the evaluation of high complexity and multiple EPC contracts of high values and thereby establish a fully risked and assured Level 3 cost estimate for GIP.
- Develop detailed project cost forecasts to Type-4. Incorporate project actuals and detailed MTOs matched with detailed pricing and construction unit hours for to-go costs
- Manage estimating data by establishing a process to collect actual cost performance, condition and normalise data for future use,
- Develop metrics and benchmarking information. Establish process to store estimate files in a consistent, secure location.
- Benchmark estimates by developing benchmarking packages at appropriate level to check estimate results from top down using both internal and external comparable data. Work with IPA forms and reports to understand comparison of Company projects to industry datasets.
- Utilise Technical, Economical, Commercial, Organisational & Political (TECOP) profile to establish appropriate deterministic cost contingency.
- Perform role of a subject matter expert within the Company global Project Management Services community.
- Contribute to professional development of less experienced professionals through coaching and training in estimating tools and techniques.
- Establish consistency between the Level 3 Schedule and Type 3 Cost Estimate throughout Front End Engineering Design for a successful Final Investment Decision (FID).
- Work in collaboration with other project Technical Leadership Team (TLT) members and the Business Opportunity Manager (BOM) as well as Company internal stakeholders, EPC contractors and other vendors as and when needed.
- Consistently engage Technical Authorities (TA) and ensure the cost estimate is fully assured (TA approved) and incorporate best practices/lesson learned from similar complex projects.
- Assess the impact of Management of Change (MOCs) proposals and identify alternate approaches to optimise plans.
- Understand local content risks and incorporate any impacts to the cost estimates.
- Assess productivity norms and benchmarking cost data for in-country project activities and other global locations.
Qualifications & Experience
- The Cost Estimate and Assurance Lead shall have an Engineering degree and/or Certified as a Cost Estimate and Assurance Engineer at Lead Role Capacity with minimum of 10-12 years industry experience in Cost Estimating in the Oil & Gas industry, including Five (5) + years in management/leadership roles working seamlessly with Planning /Cost Control/Risk Management Professionals.
He/She must meet the following requirements;
- An accredited Project Services Cost Estimating Professional Level 2 or equivalent.
- Have an understanding of deepwater developments and projects delivery in a challenging environment. Experience in deep water cost estimating is an advantage.
- Skilled in use of Company Cost Estimating tool or equivalent tools and Cost Estimate methodologies to produce cost estimates for major and complex projects particularly in the deep offshore environment, inclusive of engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and start-up scope and costs.
- Skilled in probabilistic cost estimating.
- Fully conversant with various assurance processes such as Cost & Schedule Risk Assessment, Value Assurance Reviews, Estimate & Schedule Assurance Reviews, etc in the Define Phase.
- Must be confident and able to establish credibility with staff, peers, Global Discipline Head, Technical Authorities and Project Leadership Team.
- Have proven interpersonal and relationship skills in complex environments with ability to work with personnel of diverse background.
- Able to work with, and influence multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams. Maintain composure under pressure
- Able to develop team members and other less experienced professionals through coaching and training.
- Experience in or with NOVs, JVs and NOCs and/or execution in remote/developing locations will be an advantage.
- Able to support a complex mega project team spread across various geographical locations.
- Demonstrates high level of personal integrity, with ability to maintain confidentiality in providing robust Cost Estimate deliverables to a project in a dynamic environment.
- Able to think strategically and adapt to new ways of working to develop robust and collectively owned Type-3 cost estimates to support a Group Investment Proposal (GIP).
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Interested applicants should not apply for more than one of the roles advertised in the website. Submitting more than one application will lead to automatic disqualification of all the applicant's applications.
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Recent Jobs from Shell Petroleum Development Company
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- BSWA Construction Lead-FPSO at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- BSWA Commissioning and Start-up Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Materials and Corrosion Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Project Control and Performance Assurance at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Flow Assurance Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- SURF Supply Chain Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- FPSO Supply Chain Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Subsea Systems Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Distribution Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Subsea Controls Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Integrated Planning and Strategy Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Process Engineering Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Operations Readiness/Commissioning and Start-up Manager at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Supply Chain Lead - Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Know More About Shell Petroleum Development CompanySimilar Jobs
- Trainee Service Engineer at BAUN Limited
- Lead On Site Mechanical Engineer at Baker Hughes
- Lead On Site Controls Engineer at Baker Hughes
- Management Trainee at Omar Gardens Floral Company
- Control Engineer Trainee at Baker Hughes
- HVAC Mechanical Supervisor - Split Unit (M/F) at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- HVAC Mechanical Supervisor – Package (M/F) at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Housing Technical Support Officer at ACCION Microfinance Bank