Nexans brings energy to life through an extensive range of cables and cabling solutions that deliver increased performance for our worldwide customers. Nexans’ teams are committed to a partnership approach that supports customers in four main business areas: Power transmission and distribution (submarine and land), Energy resources (Oil & Gas, Mining and Renewables), Transportation (Road, Rail, Air, Sea) and Building (Commercial, Residential and Data Centers). Nexans’ strategy is founded on continuous innovation in products, solutions and services, employee development, customer training and the introduction of safe, low -environmental- impact industrial processes.
In 2013, Nexans became the first cable player to create a Foundation to introduce sustained initiatives for access to energy for disadvantaged communities worldwide.
We have an industrial presence in 40 countries and commercial activities worldwide, employing close to 26,000 people and generating sales in 2013 of nearly 6.7 billion euros. Nexans is listed on NYSE Euronext Paris, compartment A.
For more information, please consult: www.nexans.com
General Manager - Finance and Accounts
- To provide the Management, Board and MERA HQ with a precise, fair, clear and independent view of the Company´s operational and financial performance.
- Support the Company in implementing financial procedures aimed at meeting Corporate objectives and optimizing financial results.
- Provide the full scope of Financial Reporting, Financial Planning, Risk Management.
- Assure compliance with Government financial laws and Tax regulations.
- Preparation of Annual Report & Accounts for the Company in collaboration with the Tax Auditors.
- IT Management.
- Assure effective processes and use of manpower within the own range of responsibility.
- To provide as well all above mentioned services for the subsidiary Nexans Power Networks Ltd.
- Take ownership for all financial processes of the Company.
- Manage Finance and Accounts Departments with additional responsibility as a General Manager and part of the Management Team of the Company.
Areas of Responsibility
- Corporate planning and financial projections for the Company.
- Budgeting and Control, Cost & Credit Control, Margin Analysis, Costing & Profitability Analysis and Management Reporting.
- Processing of Terms Loans, Short Term Deposits and timely follow up for necessary sanctions, documentations and disbursements.
- Handling of Foreign Exchange transactions, Letters of Credit and Bank Guarantees.
- Placement of Commercial Papers.
- Preparation of Annual Report & Accounts for the Company.
- Debtors Management.
- Surplus Fund Management.
- Oversee employees PAYE taxation.
- Oversee filling of annual returns and attend to tax authorities for assessments and appeals.
- Shareholders Relations.
- Administration of ERP (Navision)
- Guarantee book accuracy
- Provide consistent and reliable forecasting.
- Identification of financial risks.
- Drive internal control.
- Oversee efficient and timely payment of employee compensations.
- Oversee management of supplier records
- Oversee and manage all financial obligations of the Company.
- To provide a precise, fair, clear and independent view of the Company´s operational and financial performance.
- Ensure an effective use of manpower and tools within the own area of responsibility.
- Ensure the entire financial reporting on time.
- Pro-active information to the Management about upcoming financial liabilities, changes in laws and regulations with their impact on the company.
- Academic Qualification: BSc Degree Accounting/ACA/ACCA
- Years of Experience: 8 -10 years in identical or at least similar positions.
- Age: Not less than 38 years.
- Local and IFRS Accounting expertise
- Tax expertise
- Deep knowledge in ERP system application
- Cash Management and Financing Expertise
- Internal Control
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- FX Hedging Expertise
- Understand Nexans Business Environment, Procurement and IT Systems
- Time Management/Work Prioritization
- Impeccable integrity
- High ethical standards
- Team spirit oriented
- Interpersonal and networking abilities
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in SELECT list, references column 'myjobmag_myjobdb.training.featured' which is not in SELECT list; this is incompatible with DISTINCT