Community Care Intern I at Management Sciences For Health - MSH
Posted on: 11 January, 2019
Deadline: 18 January, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Management Sciences For Health -
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Community Care Intern I
Job ID: 13-10460
Group/Office: TEG (Technical Excellence Group)
Dept/Unit: OCEGEN - OCE General
Project/Program: A512 - Nigeria CaTSS
Reports To: Community Care Specialist
- The objective of the Community Care Intern position is to work closely with the Regional Community Care Specialist to manage the MSH CaTSS community care & support program in a manner that strengthens retention rate across the supported health facilities, especially supporting facility base index case testing and linkage to ART.
- Support the implementation of facility based index case testing in supported facilities
- Support linkage to ART in all facilities
- Provide periodic application of SIMS tools as a means of providing mentoring and supervision to the health facility and community services providers.
- Support and ensure facilities conduct treatment preparation for all new patients.
- Ensure facilities provide routine adherence counseling to all patients attending ART and care clinics.
- Ensures and support facilities conduct proper documentation of services provided in the facilities
- Support and Ensure facilities provide positive clients receive PHDP messages, every clinic day and at support group meetings.
- Encourage clients to choose a treatment partner that will receive information and education to support client’s adherence to ART and clinic day appointment, keep telephone contact of client’s treatment partners.
- Work with referral coordinator and M&E/records unit to ensure effective tracking of clients experiencing a challenge in remaining on care and ensure documentation and reporting of same.
- Coordinate and support referrals and linkages in all CCT site for positive clients to existing support groups
- Support the formation and functionality of the support group cells (small groups of 5 to 10 persons living in the same area) and mentor them towards becoming a community based support groups as well as establishing an economic empowerment programme together.
- Ensure facility staff Collate and submit weekly/monthly statistics of services provided to the M&E unit through the referral coordinator or the focal person.
- Carryout any emerging activity as directed by the site coordinator or MSH Technical Staff.
- Work with referral coordinator to submit reports detailing all activities carried out.
- Ensure facilities document all cases of death, transfer, contract tracking of patient.
- Support and track facility Gender norm and gender violence activities
- Support facilities support group in monthly meetings.
- Document programmatic achievements and keep the State Regional Community Care Specialist informed on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Works independently with close supervision from the Community Care Specialist
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must possess minimum qualification of B.Sc or its equivalent in any field of Social Sciences
- At least 2 years’ experience with HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID/CDC at CSO or IP level
- Excellent grasp of community care issues and current literature on HIV/AIDS care and treatment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
Location: Niger Application Link Application LinkLocation: Zamfara Application Link
- Know More About Management Sciences For Health - MSHSimilar Jobs
- National Graduate Volunteer for Improving Market Access for the Poor (IMA4P) at VSO
- Program Officer, Fortification Quality Assessment at Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
- Mothers Group Assistant at PACT
- Mothers Group Assistant at PACT
- Consultant - Review of ActionAid's Community Sponsorship Initiative. at ActionAid Nigeria
- Urban Livelihood Manager at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Community Development Facilitator (CDF) at North East Regional Initiative (NERI)
- Social Behavioral Change Communications (SBCC) Specialist at Malaria Consortium