Centre for Health, Education, Economic Rehablitation & Social Security (CHEERS) is one of the leading indigenous Implementing Partners in Nigeria focusing on mitigating the impact of HIV/AIDs, Malaria and Tuberculosis in Nigeria. CHEERS mission is to improve the quality of lives of vulnerable population groups in rural communities across Nigeria by increasing access to healthcare services, education and economic empowerment.
CHEERS is supported by KNCV to implement a USAID-funded TB Community Action for Improved TB Case Detection and Treatment (COUNTED) Project, which will contribute to and increase the number of bacteriologically positive TB cases notification and treatment, strengthen community facility referral linkages, increase GeneXpert services uptake as well as increase the involvement of community-based private and traditional Health services providers in TB service delivery within Local governments in Enugu, Rivers, Bauchi, Benue, Nasarawa, and Niger State, Nigeria.
State Program Officer
Desired Start Date: January, 2019.
Summary of the Position
- The State Program Officer is expected to work with CBO, Private Hospitals, Contact Investigators and with the State TB Team and will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of all Community TB activities in collaboration with the State TB Team.
- Identify private hospitals and Community pharmacies to work with
- Conduct regular visits to health facilities on data quality assurance
- Support and participate in all targeted TB outreaches conducted with the LGAs in the State
- Conduct data reviews that will ensure that all patients on TB treatment were followed up and defaulters tracked back to the systems
- Support Monthly LGA level meetings for PMVs/CPs
- Conduct contact tracing review meeting with contact investigators
- Represent CHEERS at the State levels in TB meetings
- Produce weekly updates of the project activities and monthly project reports.
- The State Program Officer reports to TB Technical Lead at CHEERS HQ.
Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelor's Degree (Postgraduate Degree will be an additional advantage);
- At least 4 years experience working with: HIV& TB program at various levels;
- Experience with USAID or UN projects or any development partner is an advantage;
- Strong coordination, planning, and supervisory skills;
- Competent with operational plan development, project implementation and monitoring & evaluation of results
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills;
- Self-starter, team player, dynamic, solid, open, flexible, absolute integrity, organizational awareness;
- Understanding for cultural differences.
What We Offer
- Challenging working environment with scope for professional and personal development;
- Being part of a dedicated, motivated and intercultural team;
- Salary depending on the capacity and experience of the candidate.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Application (Curriculum Vitae, motivation letter, 3 professional references) to "The Human Resources, CHEERS" via: firstname.lastname@example.org