Health Senior State Facilitator at Deloitte
Posted on: 9 January, 2019
Deadline: 15 January, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Deloitte
Deloitte Nigeria - As part of the mandate received from The Global Fund (TGF) - a partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics, The National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) seeks to recruit suitable, qualified and experienced public health professionals for The National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) which was established by the Government of Nigeria to coordinate tuberculosis and leprosy control efforts in Nigeria.
Therefore, on behalf of the NTBLCP (National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme), Deloitte is searching for suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Health Senior State Facilitator
Reference Number: DUN040
Reports to: The Health Specialist, FCT Field Office
Contract Duration: 10 Months
- The role is for a Deloitte Independent Facilitator who will take on responsibilities as a Senior State Facilitator for the UNICEF Health Programme in Kwara State.
- The Health Senior State Facilitator will assist the implementation of the UNICEF Health programme with particular focus on Health in the respective State.
- The facilitator will specifically support the UNICEF Field Office Health Staff in the attainment of State level results planned under various projects funded by various donors (EU, DFID, etc.) for the specified state.
- Support the development of annual State work plans and implementation of quarterly state work plans for EPI (social mobilisation and vaccine security) to ensure conformity with comprehensive Multi-year plan (cMYP) and articulation of a well-defined action tracker for monitoring implementation.
- Support the development and implementation of State work plans for EPI (social mobilisation and vaccine security) to ensure conformity with the comprehensive Multi-year Plan (cMYP) and Effective Vaccine Management Improvement Plan (EVM IP) including articulation of a well-defined action tracker for monitoring implementation.
- Support the development of State Logistics Working Group (SLWG) Work Plans towards implementing the vaccine management standards and practices including bundling vaccines, maintaining stocks levels, preparing and following optimised distribution plans of vaccine, devices and data tools for RI and SIAs and ensuring cold chain functionality and maintenance in line with Effective Vaccine Management (EVM) standards:
- Review the temperature records of state cold stores and advocate for solving identified gaps such as ensuring timely repair and routine maintenance of cold chain equipment; backup generators are functional adequate funds are provided to operate generator as required on continued basis and provide regular reports.
- Ensure that computerized temperature monitoring devices, provided to stores are functional and maintained, and Temperature Monitoring and Control (TMC) systems are adhered to.
- Facilitate the development of a State Action Plans for implementation of the Polio and other SIAs including MNCHWs in the target States and support their implementation
- Facilitate tracking progress of implementation of the Effective Vaccine Management (EVM) improvement plans at state, I-GA and health facility level by the SLWG
- Serve as State technical advisors in cold chain management, delivery and distribution of vaccines for the polio eradication and routine immunisation programmes:
- Assist with the implementation of guidelines and norms regarding cold chain and safety of immunization services delivery.
- Support the State team in ensuring timely planning and disbursement of funds to LGAs
- Develop specific related vaccine security and logistics strategies for reaching the hard to reach, nomadic and minority groups in the high risk within the State.
- Transfer of competences to State and I-GA Cold Chain/Logistics Officers on VSC issues
- Support capacity building of government and partners in Immunization with special emphasis on VSL taking into account the lessons learnt and new developments from the Effective Vaccine Management (EVM) processes and New Vaccine Introduction
- Support capacity building of State cold chain officers on new cold chain equipment technologies, in light of GAVI CCE optimisation systems, for effective cold chain planning in respective states
- Assist State/LGAs in building cold chain and logistics equipment inventory and efficient equipment management systems, utilize same for needs assessment and provide corrective trainings as the need arises
- Support states in conducting trainings, supportive supervisions in vaccine management & logistics and cold chain maintenance
- Provide regular comprehensive bottleneck analysis of stock, cold chain operational status and coverage (RI & SIA) of states and support states in implementing the innovative solutions on a monthly basis.
- Support the CCC) & SIO to be conversant with the use of Navision and ensure completeness and accuracy of the data therein
- Undertake supportive supervisory field visits to LGA and communities to assess progress, identify problems and propose remedial or alternative strategies or courses of actions to accelerate/improve quality of EPI delivery in the assigned State.
- Carry out any other duties in support of UNICEF led Health interventions as assigned by Supervisors or authority of UNICEF Field Office.
- The Consultant will report to the Health Specialist/Health Officer in the respective UNICEF Field Office related to the LGAs of his/her responsibility.
- Bachelor Degree in Business/Health/Material Management/Engineering or equivalent (minimal).
- At least 3 years progressively professional work experience with at least 1 year at providing technical support in the area of logistics, supply chain management, cold chain (OR) a Master's degree in Public Health/Pharmacology, Business, or Engineering.
- Experience in managing cold chain system for vaccines or other related medical supplies and providing immunization services is an advantage
- Fluency in English (minimal). Knowledge of any of the three major Nigerian languages is an added advantage
- Proven ability to conceptualize, develop, plan and coordinate logistics activities as well as to transfer knowledge and skills.
- Good analytical and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work in an international or multicultural environment Proficiency in computer applications including excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to monitor progress, collect and analyse data, effect corrections and prepare reports.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Deloitte
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Senior Tuberculosis (TB) Technical Advisor (International Scope) at Deloitte
- C4D/Polio State Supervisor in Katsina (VCM Coordinator) at Deloitte
- Health Senior State Facilitator at Deloitte
- Health State Supervisor at Deloitte
- C4D/Polio State Supervisor (VCM Coordinator) at Deloitte
- Know More About DeloitteSimilar Jobs
- Programme Officer (Nutritionist) at Making of Champions Limited
- Social Worker at INTERSOS
- Technical Malaria Specialist at Catholic Relief Services
- Community Health Outreach Support Officer (CHOSO) at Initiative for Agricultural Intervention and Developmental Integration
- Project Officer - WASH at Initiative for Agricultural Intervention and Developmental Integration
- Radiographer at Paelon Memorial Clinic
- Nurse Associate at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant - Costing Study at KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation