School Administrator at Herald Agribusiness College
Posted on: 8 January, 2019
Deadline: 31 January, 2019
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at Herald Agribusiness College
Herald Agribusiness College is a premier Innovation Enterprise Institution in Akwa Ibom State that trains entrepreneurs and provide quality man power in the Agribusiness sub-sector in Nigeria. Our school is highly interested in hiring an experienced School Administrator committed to helping both our school and our students to reach their full potential. You will manage college operations and provide strong leadership to our instructors and students. Your leadership skills and dedication to providing students with a solid education are needed to lead our institution to success. If you have creative ideas for school programs and services designed to enrich the students’ body and community, we will love to help you put them to action by hiring you as our School Administrator. We hope that you will consider this as a perfect opportunity to make a positive impact not only in the lives of our students but also possibly around the globe as our students take the knowledge and wisdom gained from your direction and step out confidently into the world.
- Review and observe current instructional methods and learning materials as needed for areas of improvement and to ensure that they meet the current federal regulatory requirements and globally acceptable standards.
- Work with instructors, governing board and other personnel to establish, promote and uphold curriculum, school mission statement, corporate culture, brand identity and performance goals and standards.
- Create, review and modify school budget and resources at least once a month. The job also entails looking for and securing supplemental funding opportunities and grants at local, state, federal, regional and international levels.
- Work closely with staff to increase student enrolment and retention, maintain excellent relationship with industry stakeholders to ensure job placement postings for students.
- Draft, proofread and submit all financial reports accordingly to approved deadlines.
- Work with the Governing Board to approve job postings, hire, interview and onboard new instructors and additional staff members as they join the team.
- Manage the day to day operations of the College including staff attendance, meetings with parents and work with teachers and policy makers during scheduled conferences and events to review school policies, educational activities and events, and students’ performance while offering timely information on upcoming changes to curriculum, policy adjustments, programs and the like.
- Develop strategies for development, testing and deployment of emerging technologies to extend and enhance learning experience.
- Assist with the periodic accreditation process, which may involve reviewing and sending reports, grants and contracts to regulatory licensing authorities.
- Foster and maintain a supporting environment that promotes professionalism and ensures good trainings, teaching and learning in a fun, empathic and collaborative way.
- Provide information and objective recommendations to the Governing Board to enable it meet its obligations for securing the requisite resources that will guarantee effective teaching and excellent learning outcomes.
- Perform other delegated tasks as may reasonably be assigned by the Governing Board.
Job Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree (in education, Innovation or Management related subject, Crop Science) or BSc not below 2nd Class Upper in Crop Science or Agronomy, Livestock Science, Fisheries Science or Computer Science.
- Current professional certification in educational leadership and administration.
- At least two years of experience as a School Administrator.
- Demonstrable competence in Microsoft Suite applications.
- Excellent planning, critical thinking and organizing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including business presentations
- Empathic, sociable, diplomatic and service oriented.
- Former teaching experience.
- Knowledge of the most current educational computer software and programs.
- Familiarity with creative thinking and problem solving methodology.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Letter of Application and updated CV in MS Word format, using the position applied for as title
- Know More About Herald Agribusiness CollegeSimilar Jobs
- Document Management Officer at Coinbox Limited
- Head of Operations at Delattre Bezons
- Experienced House Parent (Male) at Mictec International Schools
- Executive Assistant to the CEO at SDSD Nigeria
- PA/Admin Officer at The Perfect PA Nigeria Limited
- General Manager (Innovation & Opportunity) at Kimberly Ryan
- General Manager (Operations) at Kimberly Ryan
- Operations (Service Delivery) Manager at Tek Experts