Supply Chain Officer at Medecins Sans Frontieres
Posted on: 7 January, 2019
Deadline: 21 January, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Medecins Sans Frontieres
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Supply Chain Officer
Scope of responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Organizing and supervising the daily supply chain activities and the teams associated, in the coordination or project level, according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal running of the mission
- Supervising and organizing the daily activities of the Supply Chain team, including Supply Supervisors, and ensuring they perform the tasks linked to their role
- Being responsible for the order, purchase, stock and freight management in the coordination or in the project level, monitoring and ensuring an efficient implementation of the overall daily supply chain activities
- Monitoring and ensuring a smooth running supply administration and the respect of the implemented supply procedures, proposing adjustments where needed.
- Being responsible for the supply database and the correct filing and archiving of the supply documentation in order to guarantee the availability and the coherence of supply data
- Communicating with customers, keeping them up to date concerning their orders status (BO confirmation) and prioritizing procurement and transport according to their needs
- Collecting claims from the field, analysing causes and making corrective actions.
- In collaboration with the Supply Supervisor (if any) and in coordination with the HR department, supervising the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Informing the Logistics / Supply Manager in case of any major issue and draws-up all required reporting, in order to keep updated and reliable information that will help in decision-making
- Performing any other tasks within the scope of his role, as directed by supervision and according to the needs of the mission
- Essential degree and specialization in Logistics/Supply Chain
- Essential in supply chain management (minimum 2 years) and in organization of supply administration and procedures
- Desirable proven understanding of MSF Field Logistics (general knowledge of MSF equipment and kits)
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel)
- English language essential. Local language desirable
Method of Application
Applications must be in English and include:
Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
Updated contact details and ID
Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
Please if you meet all the minimum requirements, send your application to email@example.com with as subject “Supply Chain Officer MDG’’
Place of Recruitment: Maiduguri --- Work location: Maiduguri --- Type of Contract: 6 months fixed term (renewable)
- Know More About Medecins Sans FrontieresSimilar Jobs
- Procurement Officer at Sevan Construction Nigeria Limited
- Warehouse Manager at Sales Force Consulting
- Procurement Supervisor at Sunray Ventures
- Supply Chain Specialist at Malaria Consortium
- Warehouse Officer at CIPM
- Warehouse Project Manager at The Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED)
- Warehouse Assistant at International Medical Corps
- Warehouse Officer at International Medical Corps