TRANSSION HOLDINGS, the company formerly known as TECNO TELECOM LIMITED, established in July 2006, is a high-tech company specializing in the R&D, production, sale and service of mobile communication products. After years of development, TRANSSION has become an important part of the mobile phone industry and one of the major mobile phone manufacturers in the world. Currently, it has full ownership of three famous mobile phone brands TECNO, itel and Infinix, and an after-sales service brand Carlcare.
We are looking for a suitably qualified professional to fill the position of Tax Manager.
This role involves innovative tax management, tax planning and research, effective management and supervision of all tax audits (FIRS & LIRS), ensure compliance with all tax laws and regulations, complete and accurate tax returns, filing returns within timeframe and legally minimize tax obligations.
- Prepare and review tax calculations and estimates such as monthly WHT, VAT, and PAYE, current and deferred tax; secure approval for payment.
- Review and reconcile general ledger entries for tax implications; provide corrective and improvement measures accordingly.
- Ensure compliance, timely filing and remittance of all taxes and levies (such as Expatriate PAYE, VAT, WHT, CIT, ET, business premises levy, development levy, etc.) within government time frame.
- Ensure timely collection of all tax remittance receipts, documents and certificates, such TCC, credit notes, revenue receipt, etc. for all entities.
- Manage relationship with tax authorities and consultants and supervise all tax audits. Provide comprehensive report on every tax audit exercise and give regular status update on tax cases, remittances, levies, fees, payments to agents and consultants.
- Provide innovative tax management, planning, and tax-savings strategies, backed with statistical data and/or analysis.
- Be abreast with all tax regulations and new promulgations / enactments and advise finance management accordingly.
- Play advisory role and support all BUs on tax matters as may be required.
- Perform any other role(s) that may be assigned from time to time.
Candidates Qualifications and Experience
- The candidate to be selected must have bachelor’s degree/HND in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field
- Must have relevant professional certifications such as ACA, ACCA, ACTI
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in tax practice.
- Attention to details.
- Strong analytical / problem solving skill.
- Leadership capabilities and goal oriented.
- Strong mathematical, Microsoft office (excel, MS-word, PowerPoint) skills and proficient in the use of ERP systems.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please send a detailed copy of their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the job title as the subject of the email