The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home
Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) M&E Officer
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, under direct supervision of Economic Recovery and Development Manager, is responsible for the development and administration of high quality Monitoring and Evaluation system for the Economic Recovery and Development sector.
- S/he will collect, collate/organize, analyze and produce data for further improvement of program, reporting and information sharing.
- Provide technical oversight and direction on all monitoring and evaluation needs across ERD sector areas.
- In close coordination with, ERD Manager and ERD Coordinator, conduct periodical assessments (baselines, PDMs and endline surveys) to measure program impact.
- Maintain routine/ real time and accurate ITS updates for the sector, and box storage system.
- Manage and maintain accurate Commcare online updates on projects under implementation.
- Produce analytical, timely and accurate M&E reports on weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly basis or as scheduled.
- Develop schedule for data collection and coordinate with the PM to ensure timely collection of data.
- Ensure program team collect high quality monitoring data timely manner collate/ organise data for reporting.
- Product and disseminate project reports with PMs
- Work closely with the program teams to conduct market assessments and produce reports Lead and undertake Post Distribution Monitoring of beneficiaries as scheduled.
- Train staff and enumerators on administration of various data collection tools related to project monitoring, baseline and evaluations.
- Develop program factsheets and lessons learnt for sharing with wider stakeholders.
- Foster participatory planning and monitoring by training and involving primary stakeholder groups in the M&E of activities.
- Ensure program documents are save and store in a centralized data base online and offline
- Carry out any other duties assigned by Supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: ERD Program Manager, with technical oversight support from M&E Manager
- Position directly work: Livelihoods Officers, Agriculture Officer and Livelihoods Assistants
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science and Development Studies or related field required.
- Minimum of 3 progressive years of Monitoring and Evaluation and/or Research work with skills.
- Good understanding of ERD sector indicators.
- Demonstrated ability to write/produce quality reports.
- Experience in electronic data collection and management.
Demonstrated Technical Skills:
- A strong foundation in research methods, statistics, monitoring and evaluation
- Strong technical skills in data analysis using advanced excel and other statistical softwares.
- Strong capacity in the use of digital data collection applications (particularly, Commcare, KoboCollect, ODK etc)
- Demonstrated understanding of intermediate and advanced statistics and the ability to summarize generalize, and make predictions from large data sets
- Communication experience and skilled in qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies and techniques
Demonstrated Management/Leadership Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly assess priorities and effectively manage a variety of activities at a time while paying appropriate attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with staff and project stakeholders
- Fluency in English Language (written and oral) required.
- Good knowledge of Hausa Language will be considered
Computer/Other Tech Requirements:
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite and experience or
- Strong knowledge of CommCare, Kobocollect, or ODK applications
- Good knowledge and skills in Infographics
- The position will be based in Mubi, Adamawa State. The security situation in Mubi is relatively stable with periodic tensions. All IRC offices are provided with internet facilities and there is reliable mobile telecommunication network in Adamawa.
- Competitive Monthly salary,
- 13th Month Salary Inclusive,
- Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability. However, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.