Accountant/Internal Control Officer at CreditAssist Investment Limited
Posted on: 29 December, 2018
Deadline: 14 January, 2019
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at CreditAssist Investment Limited
CreditAssist Investment Limited, a financial advisory services firm is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Accountant/Internal Control Officer
- Manage BankOne financial transactions
- Update bank transactions and prepare correspondences and instruction
- Prepare customers cheque and confirmation to the bank.
- Receive and treat financial/accounting issues from branches.
- Processing of consultancy fee payment
- Receive funds, repayment, refunds and document, processes cheque and cash payments to beneficiaries, contractors and suppliers.
- Assist in preparation of daily bank balance report
- Mobilize fund and process for operational activities.
- Preparation of monthly HIFY report
- Fixed deposit account management
- Relate with branches on issues and proffering solutions
- Posting of transactions and entries.
- Handling of branches petty cash
- Preparation of monthly depreciation, amortization and apportionments.
- Process monthly branch operation expenses (Petty cash, fueling, cleaning, call and transport allowances)
- Carry out other responsibilities as assigned by the Head, Accounts and Department
- Prepare Final Accounts
- Budgeting and Long-term Forecasting, Budget Monitoring and Implementation
- Balance Sheet Management
- General Ledger Management
- Payroll Management
- Tax Management
- Relationship management (Correspondence Banks)
- Liquidity management
- Transfer Pricing Management
- Accounts Reconciliations
- Reviewing and advising the management on reliability, adequacy, efficiency, effectiveness of internal control.
- Overseeing and ensuring preparation of timely Audit reports to the Board
- Audit Committee and provide progress reports regarding action taken by management.
- Design internal audit plan and conduct Audits in accordance with the approved internal audit plan. Determining process and procedures are adequate to prevent and detect fraud, suppression, theft or misappropriation of funds.
- Carrying out constant checks to ensure adherence to internal control policies and procedure on segregation of duties.
- Carry out audit investigation of each unit in accordance with the approved audit plan.
- Report rendition to management on Anti-Money Laundering policy.
- Reviewing and preparing the company’s compliance ratios and compare side by side with the regulatory standard ratios to see if the company is falling short of the standard and give recommendation on the way forward.
- Reviewing of daily call over report.
- Daily monitoring of Teller till.
- Reviewing bank reconciliations and other financials.
- Daily inspection of vault balance etc.
- Carrying field audit exercise on clients to ensure due diligence (KYC) is carried out on customers.
- Reviewing business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- Daily tracking of loan repayment with audit control template.
- Ensure effective and optimal utilization plan and schedule audit programmes and ensure completion of audits on time
- Review and assess audit work done, ensure compliances with the necessary standards
- Keep relevant and up to date financial database on audit findings and integrate best practices and systems into the audit programs.
- Check the collaterals to be pledged and advise the bank on whether to accept such pledged collaterals.
- Ensure that the customers are satisfied fully by ensuring the credit decision making process is timely.
- Advise the management and the recovery team the recovery actions to be taken on defaulting account.
- Periodically do portfolio analytics to discover the changing trends and behaviors of customers ‘in trying to discover the factors that are affecting their repayment.
- Effectively use the credit bureau [credit check]-XDS, CRC to discover customers who are either too exposed [over leveraged] or who have unfavorable credit records.
- Use the Cs of credit in making good credit decision.
- Conducting value for money audit on capital expenditure to avoid.
Minimum Required Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree/HND Qualification Required
- B.Sc. in Accounting, Banking and Finance and other related disciplines.
- Possession of relevant professional certification such as ICAN, CIBN would be an added advantage.
- Prior knowledge on use of BankOne cloud based banking software would be an added advantage.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Unquestioned personal integrity with strong ethics and values.
- Capable of working independently and with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively [Both written and verbal] with all level within the organization.
- Strong analytical capability.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position title as the subject of the email.
- Know More About CreditAssist Investment LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Terminal Accountant at God Is Good Motors - GIGM
- Information Systems Auditor at Phase3 Telecom
- External Auditor at Federal College of Agriculture, Ishiagu
- Finance and Administrative Assistant at UNODC - The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- Accountant at A. T. Accounting
- Grants Officer at PACT
- Finance Assistant at Save The Children
- Finance Manager at Africa’s Young Entrepreneurs (A.Y.E)