Grundfos - We develop water solutions for the world. We set the standard in terms of innovation, efficiency, reliability and sustainability. We are a pump company connecting with millions and millions of people every day. Our solutions help our partners and customers move water to where it is supposed to go. Providing drinking water for the smallest villages and the highest skyscrapers, treating and removing wastewater and bringing heat and comfort to the world – or cool it down if needed.
Location: Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
Employment type: Regular
Hierarchy level: Professional Level (some years of experience)
Job category: Service
- Grundfos in Nigeria is currently in need of a skilled and motivated Service Engineer to support the existing Service team in providing high level of after sales service and customer service in the country for all Grundfos customers.
- This individual will be stationed in our Lagos office.
What is the job about?
As a Service Engineer you will perform hands-on maintenance, troubleshooting, assessment, repair and start-ups on pumps and controls travelling to and from customer sites & workshops. Primary job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Disassemble, inspect, trouble shoot, repair and replace part and re-assemble pumps, pump systems and accessories in a field service and/or shop environment.
- Identify the root cause of mechanical, electrical and systematic failures.
- Provide advice to customers at pump and system/application level.
- Carry out risk assessment before each job.
- Maintain and operate machinery for tools (drill press, lathe and mills).
- Conduct pump hydraulic tests, energy checks.
- Pass on customer leads to sales.
- Prepare quotes for out-of-warranty repairs.
- Assist leaders by identifying and providing solutions to service and warranty concerns.
- Write service / FAS reports.
What do you need to apply?
To be considered for this position you should fulfill the following requirements:
- Must be a holder of a Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Must have minimum 3 years working experience in a similar role.
- Strong competence and experience in servicing pumps, hydraulics, motor controls or rotating equipment (engine, fans, conveyers).
- Must be able to perform advanced pump service / maintenance activities, with the ability to accurately take measurements, complete documentation, and reference proper standards / documentation to ensure quality craftsmanship.
- Individuals with experience in servicing similar / other high value, technically complex electro-mechanical products will also be considered.
- Understanding of pressure, temperature and other operating conditions and ability to service pumps in a production environment.
- Read and interpret service instructions and IOMs for assembly, repair, reassembly and operation as required including completion of reports in either paper or electronic form.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Able to work independently.
- Must have good interpersonal skills for daily interaction with customers and fellow employees, with proactive, friendly and problem-solving approach.
- Capable to work in environments ranging from a workshop to on-site at construction/building/industrial facilities.
- Handle a variety of tools and processes; able to frequently lift objects weighing up to 20 kg.
- Analytical skills with the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose systemic problems.
What do we offer?
Grundfos can offer the right candidate excellent opportunities and challenges for personal and career development and the chance to be part of a multicultural and dynamic team. Grundfos further offers the chance to take on responsibility equivalent to skills and obtained results, making this an opportunity not to be missed.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Grundfos career website on www.grundfos.com to apply