Internal Control and Audit Officer at The Poverty Reduction and Rural Women Empowerment Initiative (PRRWEI)
Posted on: 12 December, 2018
Deadline: 14 December, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at The Poverty Reduction and Rural W
Poverty Reduction and Rural Women Empowerment Initiative, a microfinance institute whose Head office is located in Lagos is currently seeking to recruit the services of:
Internal Control and Audit Officer
Locations: Ibafo & Abeokuta - Ogun
- To monitor internal control and ensure that staff comply with the bank's accounting system and internal control policies.
- Carry out all duties that focus on monitoring compliance with the bank's internal control policies in the branches and units.
- Carry out daily reconciliation of the company’s bank accounts
- Ensure all outstanding transactions are posted promptly
- Ensure wrong postings of transactions are reversed
- Daily follow up with operations/tellers on outstanding transactions
- Raise exception report on a daily basis
- Check all books of account to ensure they are free of errors.
- Verify all expenses made in the branch, including price verification and certification of payment voucher.
- Check loan forms and files for adequacy, precedent to disbursement.
- Verify client's business to confirm feasibility precedent to loan disbursement.
- Pay random visit to client site, for account reconciliation.
- Facilitate training of client before disbursement of loan and interview and attends to clients before opening of accounts.
- Ensure all KYC and KYB documents are properly filed before reconciliation.
- Check petty cash book on a daily basis.
- Monitor bank's assets and identify any obsolete or idle assets for efficient disposal as may be required.
- Prepare compliance and control reports as may be appropriate.
- Perform other duties, as may be assigned by the Head, Internal Control.
- Bachelor's Degree or HND from a recognized academic institution in Accounting, Finance or other related field.
- Minimum of Two (2) years relevant experience in related role; working in a Banking or Microfinance bank setting.
- Candidates should be willing to resume within a short notice.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
- Ability and aptitude to work with detail, precision, speed, and accuracy.
- Knowledge of personal computers, including Microsoft Excel, Word processing.
- Knowledge of relevant accounting packages
- Knowledge in existing regulatory framework and best practices in internal control and audit.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their tailored CV to: email@example.com
Note: Please note that only candidates residing in the area mentioned above should apply and only experienced candidates in a Microfinance Bank setting.
- Recent Jobs from The Poverty Reduction and Rural Women Empowerment Initiative (PRRWEI)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Relationship Officer at The Poverty Reduction and Rural Women Empowerment Initiative (PRRWEI)
- Know More About The Poverty Reduction and Rural Women Empowerment Initiative (PRRWEI)Similar Jobs
- Accounting Officer at Artee Group
- Accounts Officer at Tropical Agrix Resources (TAR)
- Finance Manager at Discovery Cycle Professionals
- Accounts Intern (Corper) at AIM Consultants
- Accountant at Romanspage Global
- Manager, Fraud at 9Mobile
- Head of Finance at ActionAid Nigeria
- Account Officer (Reconciliation: Bank, Intercompany & Customer/Vendors accounts) at Sifax Group