CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant (Livelihood)
Locations: Dikwa & Rann-Borno and Nguru, Yobe State
Position Type: Regular
- The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant is responsible for monitoring operations of the livelihood projects’ M&E system to support programme management and accountability functions. He/she contributes toward the relevance, effectiveness and efficiency of the Design, Monitoring, & Evaluation (DME) unit as well as the overall CARE vision programming.
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results
- Supervise all M&E casual workers (Enumerators and Data Entry clerks)
- Conduct training for casual workers on data collection methodologies
- Provide supervision for quantitative data collection activities
- Conduct data quality checks in the field and ensure accuracy and completeness of survey questionnaires
- Provide supervision for data entry of quantitative data, clean data and conduct data analysis.
- Compile data from surveys using relevant and appropriate computer packages
- Ensure that hard copies and soft copies of data collected is kept at project sites
- Prepare informative field reports, identify shortcomings and make relevant recommendations on a regular basis
- Assist in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities and ensure that strategies are implemented according to plan
- Monitor the sustainability of the project's results;
- Provide feedback to the MEAL Officer on project strategies and activities;
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the program manager and Emergency Coordinator.
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the program manager/officer in preparing relevant reports;
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project;
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
- Assist the program manager/officer in preparing other relevant reports;
- Assist project manager/officer in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from project innovations;
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc or HND in related Development studies, social sciences etc, with at least 1 year working experience in similar role
- Demonstrate excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Have a high level of computer literacy.
- Have advanced quantitative skills, including knowledge of statistical programs.
- Have strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Have an ability to manage diverse activities and to meet deadlines required; flexibility to changing situations and priorities desired.
- Demonstrate an understanding of international development issues.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and/or lead the efforts to effectively meet M&E needs.
By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and detailed CV as a single document indicating clearly in the subject line of the email the position being applied for and the location (in Caps e.g. PROJECT MANAGER LIVELIHOOD – MAIDUGURI) to: email@example.com
- Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.