Roche - At Roche, 91,700 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Business Support & Analytics Manager
Job ID: 201812-129963
Organisation: Roche Products
Reporting to: Country Manager
Direct reports: Yes
Main Purpose of the Job
- Providing strategic insights based on market trends to the marketing and sales teams that identify key opportunities and challenges for Roche. This will ensure decision makers have the relevant information to effectively make strategic decisions and ensure the continued growth of Roche Nigeria sales.
- This will be achieved through the development and dissemination of dashboards and reports together with coaching of marketing and sales teams on key indicators and trends while ensuring highest quality and integrity of data, dashboards and reports.
Strategic / Tactical:
- Provide strategic and analytical consulting support for business strategies and initiatives, and work closely with key stakeholders to deliver innovative analytics
- Analyse data from internal and external sources, providing teams with key insights into Roche brands, competitors and market trends
- Conduct rigorous analytics to uncover new business opportunities and insights
- Establish benchmarks to support the development of actionable strategic recommendations based on findings
- Perform requirements to create, gather, design and develop sales KPI reports
- Provide recommendations on various statistical modeling techniques to apply within projects
- Development of dashboards to assist stakeholders in improving decision-making and forecast capabilities Operational
- Develop key reporting metrics and performance indicators around business objectives to support better and more informed business decisions
- Identify, standardise and automate integration of critical reporting metrics and modeling tools to support evolving business needs and opportunities
- Provide support, consultation and training on reports as needed to ensure their use and effectiveness among users
- Work closely with regional heads, product managers and management to analyse sales patterns and trends
- Ensure accuracy of all data outputs and implement quality control techniques to validate data inputs
- Design, and execute procedures to produce daily, weekly, month and quarterly reports: Product performance versus plan; competitive analysis
- Assist Marketing in designing, developing and maintaining sales forecasts and budgets
- Ensure quality of internal forecasts during budgeting
- Quality control of internal and external data to ensure integrity
- Coordinate the development of Annual Brand Plans and Budget Planning process
- Customer focus
- Maintain the role of liaison between sales and marketing functions, and the accounting and financial reporting functions
- Design and implement training programmes to up-skill Sales and Marketing team on analytics, and the use of reports in order to create a performance culture
- Management of external data providers
Education: Formal Qualifications
- Education involves the acquisition of knowledge and skills through learning where subject matter is imparted systematically. Formal qualifications are obtained by studying at formal institutions e.g. universities, technikons, colleges, etc.
Level of Education:
- Relevant degree in Marketing or Business
- Medical or Pharmaceutical degree will be an advantage
Attainments: Job related Work Experience
- Experience is obtained through opportunities for exposure and practice at work. It includes all working experience that has some bearing on the job and is not restricted to the current organisation. Supervised on-the-job training, internships and learnerships are incorporated within this category.
- Work Experience: 3 years
- Business Analytics or Marketing experience 3 years
Attainments: Training Requirements (Knowledge and Skills):
- Formal Training
- Job-related knowledge is typically gained through formal or informal training programs (these exclude programs through which Formal Qualifications are attained). It includes knowledge of facts, data and information and understanding the rationale behind models, theories and principles.
- Data analysis and reporting
- Data visualisation using analytics platform
- Working knowledge of statistical program
- Knowledge and good understanding of Pharma industry
Job Related Skills and Desired Behaviour:
- Job-related skills are typically gained through formal or informal training programs (these exclude programs through which Formal Qualifications are attained). Skills refer to how to do things. They are demonstrated in the application of techniques and procedures.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Self-motivated with a high level of personal initiative
- Service orientated
- Excellent numerical and statistical skills
- Excellent analytical skills with good attention to detail and quality
- Problem solving skills with ability to apply systematic process to fact finding
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good planning and organisation skills
- High level of computer literacy - Advanced MS office
- "Successful candidates will meet the following requirements
- Values are what we value: if you are not accountable, brave and creative, please do not apply;
- We believe in servant leadership and we only want colleagues with the highest level of ethics;”
- Please note that a preferred candidate has been identified
- Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Business Development, Business Development > Strategic Business Development
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Roche career website on roche.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com to apply