HealthPlus Limited, Nigeria’s first integrative pharmacy, is the fastest-growing pharmacy chain in West Africa. We are committed to our mission of helping people achieve optimum health and vitality, while delivering superior value to stakeholders. Our vision is to be Africa’s #1 for pharmacy, wellness and beauty. Recently, we secured significant foreign investment from our partners to scale up our network of retail outlets and our online business. This strategy will give us unparalleled reach across the country and beyond.
IT Helpdesk Officer
Reference #: HP/IT/18
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Administration,Call Centre,Information Technology,Public Relations
Industries: Admin, Office & Support,Fmcg (Fast Moving Consumer Goods Sector),ICT - Information & Communications Technology,Infrastructure,IT - Information Technology,Retail,Science & Technology,Software Development,Telecommunications
- Provide first line technical support to IT users across the company
- Manages the helpdesk and keep tract of incidences from tickets opening to closure providing status update from time to time
- Ensure proper Logging and categorization of requests
- Analyzing ticket logs so as to spot common trends and underlying problems and proffer lasting solutions
- Support information technology, computer systems, telecoms and CCTV peripherals
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations the Helpdesk
- Meet with managers to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, operating system and applications
- Support systems implementations and/or upgrades to ensure smooth deployment of hardware and software
- Monitoring and managing computer systems and networks
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and resolving hardware/software faults.
- Manage monthly change activities
- Support the rollout of new stores
- Support the rollout of new applications
- Vendor Management including documentation, payment, etc
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
- Provide orientation to new users of existing technology
- Creating/Updating self-help documents so customers/employees can try to fix problems themselves
- Accessing and using the Shared drive/Server
- Protecting Computers from viruses and security
- Conduct defragment, virus screening, backup etc on regular basis
- Establishing a good working relationship with other members of the team and company at large
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources.
- Provide recommendations about accessing information and support.
- Maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance.
- Research current and potential resources and services
- Any other duties assigned.
- First degree in a relevant discipline preferably in Computer Science
- ITIL V3 Professional qualification
- Minimum of 1 year related work experience
- Relationship Management
- Management to maximize their efficacy and effectiveness at work
- Effective Communication.
- Sound knowledge of computer systems, software and networks installation, administration, implementation and management
- Knowledgeable in ITIL, Oracle, Windows Server 2008/2012
- Knowledge of system development methods used for the development of new systems and enhancements to existing information systems
- Experience using SQL language
- Experience writing SQL reports
- Experience using process mapping software such as MS Visio
- Ability to appreciate and integrate core values of integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices
- Understanding business functions and metrics within the Organization
- General knowledge of the uses and applications of MS Office suite; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook etc. in the preparation of high quality documents on behalf of the Manager
- Excellent planning and organizing abilities
- Detail orientation
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interviewing skills
- Negotiating skill
- High level of personal effectiveness
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- A professional and confident manner
- Conscientious, motivated and willing to learn
- Committed and professional in attitude
- Enjoys interacting and working with people
- Ability to treat others with respect
- Upholding quality and continuous improvement
- Able to work within a team as well as alone with little or no supervision
- Ability to adapt to and manage change
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.